LX grill/bumper removal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to remove my grill / bumper on my 09 LX. I think I have everything out with the exception of the three plastic clips under the grill. They are covered by the bottom of the grill. I have watched the YouTubes available on the 200 and 13 LX and those clips are exposed mine are not. On the 09 do you need to remove the grill first? If so how.

Page 241:
1593740276136.png

Thank you, so does the grill need to be removed before the bumper? What I can’t get is access to those clips that hold the bumper to the subframe

There is something I am just not getting here have the two clips out on each side of the weatherstripping and the center of the grill support and the two pop clips.

There is no way it’s moving.

If I was certain it was just the three lower clips I would consider just cutting them out and then replace when I re install

There is something I am just not getting here have the two clips out on each side of the weatherstripping and the center of the grill support and the two pop clips.

There is no way it’s moving.

If I was certain it was just the three lower clips I would consider just cutting them out and then replace when I re install
Looks like there might be some of these wedge and slip fittings on the sides by the headlights?

I actually tried to remove the grill only in order to black out the chrome, but I ran into a similar issue where it seemed like it wanted to come out with the lower bumper skin. With the Dissent install, I left everything in place and just started cutting my way up.

Like @grinchy said, that diagram makes it look like there's a center screw and then 2x clips (one on each side), then you pull straight out.

this guy's camera work is dizzying, but maybe you can get both off like him:

That is one of the videos I watched. ever o is pretty easy up the point of the pins/clips that hold the assembly to the subframe. On the 09 at least mine those are under the grill.

i would just cut the bumper in place if the Ironman instructions where worth while or had a reasonable template.
To this point my Ironman experience has been lacking. But when if I get it together I will do a write up.

I wondered which bumper you were going to fit. I think you'll have to cut some vertical bits for the bar mount plates like an arb fitment

Also have an 09 so will be following closely

I actually tried to remove the grill only in order to black out the chrome, but I ran into a similar issue where it seemed like it wanted to come out with the lower bumper skin. With the Dissent install, I left everything in place and just started cutting my way up.

Like @grinchy said, that diagram makes it look like there's a center screw and then 2x clips (one on each side), then you pull straight out.

this guy's camera work is dizzying, but maybe you can get both off like him:

Haha. Between me and My 12 year old camera man it was slightly unstable.

Cole I wondered if that was you.

@grinchy, can you take a look if you are under the hood this weekend at the three pins and see if yours are expose or covered by the bottom of the grill.

this is only adding to my bumper frustration. But I will detail the install so others don’t have the issues or are less frustrated.

Last edited:
Unclip weather stripping, remove 10mm center bolt and 2 side clips. Everything else is wedge clips. Pull hard or use a flat head to work them loose.

Now I have to paint this thing!

2351C1A3-53F4-4DB4-A642-DA90B3B153C8.jpeg

03E4AB2E-BE85-4AF6-B26D-705311135BC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't forget to unplug front camera.

Thank you I guess I wasn’t pulling hard enough. That wasn’t enjoyable but it worked.

Unclip weather stripping, remove 10mm center bolt and 2 side clips. Everything else is wedge clips. Pull hard or use a flat head to work them loose.

Now I have to paint this thing!

View attachment 2360542

View attachment 2360543
Bless your soul. As @speyrod said, that wasn’t enjoyable but I got mine out as well 😂

When I read that at first I was a little confused. Once I got it pulled out I thought to myself. Wow, that really wasn’t enjoyable!!

How did your paint job turn out? I’m just popping the chrome trim pieces out and painting them gloss black to match my truck.

Need help with removing clamps at washer hose, if you know how? Afraid to break plastic connectors. Thanks you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom