LX Enform Remote App (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LX has a smartphone app that is pretty cool.

You can remote start the engine, lock/unlock doors, locate the vehicle, check amount of gas in tank, time until service, total miles, trip miles, status of all doors / windows, among other things.

Apologies if this was already on this forum. Did not see see it in a search. Here's a few screenshots:

IMG_1235.JPG

My wife drives the LX and I drive the LC. LC's entune app is nice (similar to LX's Enform all) but the Remote app on LX is even better.

I use it every morning to turn my car to warm up. It also alerts you if you've forgotten to lock the car or if the windows were open.

Paid subscription required, right? Pretty bad reviews on App Store.

There are aftermarket versions of this system. My dad has one on his new grand Cherokee. Same deal, an app on his mobile phone that alerts him of the same parameters above. He likes it.

I assume this is only on the 2016+?

EDIT: I looked at the app its 2015+

Entune for LC is terrible, completely useless. Only usable thing is loading destinations. Toyota is a decade behind including the Nav system. That was the only disappointment when I bought the 16 LC.

It came with my 2016. The enform suite includes in car apps such as yelp, stocks, weather, and traffic. You also get a navigation assistance to speak with if you need to get to a place (haven't tried that one yet). And if you forgot where you parked your car, or someone towed it, the app will show it on a map.

It came with my 2016. The enform suite includes in car apps such as yelp, stocks, weather, and traffic. You also get a navigation assistance to speak with if you need to get to a place (haven't tried that one yet). And if you forgot where you parked your car, or someone towed it, the app will show it on a map.

Useless and not user friendly. Interface looks like it was made for the first smart phones. My iPhone does this automatically. Actually find myself using more often google maps than nav as it has problems finding things or the input takes waaaaay too long. Also the traffic avoidance is not the most accurate. You have mentioned you can find your car with it. How as don't see that option?

Love the app description btw which has 1.5 stars
"Description
Entune® App Suite is a revolutionary in-car multimedia experience that keeps you and your 2012 or newer Toyota connected."

Last edited:
Useless and not user friendly. Interface looks like it was made for the first smart phones. My iPhone does this automatically. Actually find myself using more often google maps than nav as it has problems finding things or the input takes waaaaay too long. Also the traffic avoidance is not the most accurate.

Totally agree with you. No car system can match what can be offered on phones. I only look at the map for current location info but if I wanted to navigate to a place I would use Waze if the place was far and google maps if it was nearby.
I think they should just offer Apple or Android car play call it a day.

I only use the Entune app to allow me to use the pandora app on the head unit. Ya it's super limited and dated compared to most manufacturers (especially at this price point) but we all knew that going into it. A coworker has a new Audi A4 with the virtual cockpit and it's incredible how advanced the tech is in it.

Are there similar (and better) aftermarket solutions out there that would work on a LC? I have a remote start that I love but you need to be within about 15-20 yards of the vehicle for it to work, which in my opinion, isn't truly a remote start. I might as well walk the 15 yards and start the vehicle. I'd like something network/app based where I could start the truck about 10 minutes before I leave the mall or a stadium or something to get the AC going when it's 110 degrees in July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom