LX climate control button repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I make the decision to fork out $300-500 for replacement controls or LC controls (which I would prefer) has anyone successfully reconditioned/repaired their poorly functioning climate control buttons?

mine intermittently function but you have to damn-near punch the buttons to get them to respond. Plus the temp knob spins without registering.

2001 LX470 non-nav

Yes. The buttons on the circuit board can be cleaned... I'll find you a linked thread...

Some guys replace the buttons (requires de-soldering and soldering). I just used electric contact cleaner. It's worked well for quite some time.

Yes. The buttons on the circuit board can be cleaned... I'll find you a linked thread...

Some guys replace the buttons (requires de-soldering and soldering). I just used electric contact cleaner. It's worked well for quite some time.
Updated that thread. Benefits of cleaning were only temporary. Ended up soldering in new buttons. Works 100% now.

I ordered new soft-touch buttons and used the rubber boots from them. Works great now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom