LX 570 Skid Plate Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is a 'noob' type question... but does the front OEM skid plate come in 2 sections? As you can see, both sides are rusted through (probably a slow radiator leak at some point) and need to replace. Also found a few fairly budget friendly replacement options under $350 from front plate. Open to suggestions though.

Thanks as always!

Skid 2.jpg

Skid 1.jpg

The front stock skid is 3 parts. You probably can pick up a used set in fairly good condition from a member that removed theirs for pretty cheap.

If you are going to be doing any off-roading, it would be a good idea to get some aftermarket ones.

Thanks.... from what I see, the LC and LX set up is supposed to be the same.... correct?
Yup, both the same.
Right side: 51408-60050
Left side: 51409-60100
Center: 51405-60250

Yup, both the same.
Right side: 51408-60050
Left side: 51409-60100
Center: 51405-60250
Excellent, will go ahead and post a 'want' ad in the classifieds. Open to after market options if anyone has suggestions. Just not looking to seriously rock crawl... so no need for a $1500 armor set up.

Those skids are really only good for sand a bushes, they cave in pretty easy. I bet the stock front skid is stronger than those.
Have found a couple after market possible options... any experience out there with LFD Offroad? Would certainly contact them about fitment before purchasing.

Have found a couple after market possible options... any experience out there with LFD Offroad? Would certainly contact them about fitment before purchasing.

I haven't heard of them.

Most of the cheaper skids get rid of the center jack support and the front diff mount guards which will cause these skids to cave in relativity easy which may destroy the diff mounts.

Are you looking for something for off-roading?

If so, pm me if you can wait a couple months for something worth wile.

For what it's worth the Total Chaos skids keep the front diff mount guards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom