LX 570 HID Headlight retrofit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

outstanding! Do you have a pic of the light output and the cutoff?

Top left: oem halogen
Top right: HID
bottom: TRS LED

This is with stock headlight projectors. The cut off is just as sharp with the PnP HIDs as it is with the halogen bulbs.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1452887298.640947.jpg

Top left: oem halogen
Top right: HID
bottom: TRS LED

This is with stock headlight projectors. The cut off is just as sharp with the PnP HIDs as it is with the halogen bulbs.

View attachment 1192131

That's surprisingly excellent projection!

I wonder how those of us without projector housing would fare...

But for me... Hmmm.

I think I am going to look at one of two options:

1. retrofit S2K projectors into the existing 2011 headlights... removing the stock halogen projectors, wiring in ballasts, relays, etc
  2. Ditch the 2011 headlights in exchange for a 2013 set of headlight which come with HID projectors and then wire in ballasts and relays.
    sts, relays, etc

1. retrofit S2K projectors into the existing 2011 headlights... removing the stock halogen projectors, wiring in ballasts, relays, etc
  2. Ditch the 2011 headlights in exchange for a 2013 set of headlight which come with HID projectors and then wire in ballasts and relays.
    sts, relays, etc

Wow!
If I', gonna spend that kind of money on light... It would be a pair of ARBs and a light bar...which will drown even HIDs beneath a tidal wave of light... ;)

Wow!
If I', gonna spend that kind of money on light... It would be a pair of ARBs and a light bar...which will drown even HIDs beneath a tidal wave of light... ;)

yep but you cant run with them on while driving on the highway or streets with other traffic...

yep but you cant run with them on while driving on the highway or streets with other traffic...

Do you feel that the stock lights are inadequate for street driving? Just curious, as I always thought my stocks were OK...but we have different lights. I have old 08's and not projector.

Anyone on here know which bulbs would work best for us lowly NON-Projector-Type headlights?

sts, relays, etc

I'd think that the s2k projectors are older technology compared to lx570 series projectors. I put the same brand HIDs into my older stock lx470 projectors and they were adequate. If you retrofit you will probably lose the active headlights which are nice. Plus it sounds like a good chunk of money to be put elsewhere.

No scientific proof but from reading and comparing other forums the most amount of lumens from brightest to dimmest are: 35w HID, LED, halogens.

The main reason I didn't use LEDs for the headlights are because I haven't read any consistent long term use (2+ yrs) on PnP LEDs a year and a half ago. There's a good thread on 80 forum who swear by the LEDs and I always keep a spare set of halogens in the event my bulbs burn out. So far I haven't had any issues with my setup.

I'm looking into swapping LEDs into the high beams as DRLs and high beams but haven't don't that yet.

I bought LEDs for my headlights. Much much brighter than the halogens they replaced. I have been using them for a few months now, and now every time I get in someone else's car at night, I think their lights are turned off. Seriously bright. Hard to beat at $100 a set.

Amazon.com: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H4 (9003) - 80w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty: Automotive

Do you get any interference from your radio stations due to the LED setup?
Do you get any static interference on

your radio?

@bdac , the LEDs make great nighttime driving lights and DRLs, but would probably not make good high beams, as they do not have as much throw as HID or halogens. I realize that the 200 uses a combination highbeam/DRL, so you may not be able to go with them.

Last edited:
I bought LEDs for my headlights. Much much brighter than the halogens they replaced. I have been using them for a few months now, and now every time I get in someone else's car at night, I think their lights are turned off. Seriously bright. Hard to beat at $100 a set.

Amazon.com: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H4 (9003) - 80w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty: Automotive

@Willy beamin , you have them too; have you been satisfied with them?
Oh yes, nice and bright. Makes street signs glow like black light posters. I LOVE them

I'd think that the s2k projectors are older technology compared to lx570 series projectors. I put the same brand HIDs into my older stock lx470 projectors and they were adequate. If you retrofit you will probably lose the active headlights which are nice. Plus it sounds like a good chunk of money to be put elsewhere.

No scientific proof but from reading and comparing other forums the most amount of lumens from brightest to dimmest are: 35w HID, LED, halogens.

The main reason I didn't use LEDs for the headlights are because I haven't read any consistent long term use (2+ yrs) on PnP LEDs a year and a half ago. There's a good thread on 80 forum who swear by the LEDs and I always keep a spare set of halogens in the event my bulbs burn out. So far I haven't had any issues with my setup.

I'm looking into swapping LEDs into the high beams as DRLs and high beams but haven't don't that yet.

The S2k projectors are widely viewed as the top HID projectors available by every professional HID retrofitting shop. I have done 2 HID retrofits previously and spend time on the HID Planet forum. Unfortunately no one on that forum has done a LX 570.

I had S2k's in my 80's series and am now running a quad HID setup with SC 430 projectors for the low beams and Morimoto bi- Xeons for the high beams. Feel free to read the link below which describes and rates different HID projectors.

Single Xenon Projectors - Single Xenon Projectors - HID Illusionz

I was one of the first on MUD to do a real HID retrofit with my 80 series many year ago and it looks like I'll be the first to do a real retrofit on a 570. I'll post details so they may help others in the future.

Finally... The Optimal HID Retrofit Completed!

Last edited:
@MScruiser Is that the H4 or the H11 for our trucks? Those look great.

Sorry man, I don't remember. Someone will chime in soon and give the answer though I'm sure.

The S2k projectors are widely viewed as the top HID projectors available by every professional HID retrofitting shop. I have done 2 HID retrofits previously and spend time on the HID Planet forum. Unfortunately no one on that forum has done a LX 570.

I had S2k's in my 80's series and am now running a quad HID setup with SC 430 projectors for the low beams and Morimoto bi- Xeons for the high beams. Feel free to read the link below which describes and rates different HID projectors.

Single Xenon Projectors - Single Xenon Projectors - HID Illusionz

I was one of the first on MUD to do a real HID retrofit with my 80 series many year ago and it looks like I'll be the first to do a real retrofit on a 570. I'll post details so they may help others in the future.

Finally... The Optimal HID Retrofit Completed!

The Lexus projector's are very similar to the S2K's according to the guy's at The Retrofit Source so just swapping to the TSX clear lens and the 5500k hid bulbs with 35k ballast that's the kit i'm installing in my 2006 LX470 is a pretty simple swap. It looks like you have figured out the AFS wiring issue ....I'm assuming you're posting because the guys at HID Illusionz who did your quad projectors can't do the LX570?

Ok.
We just got the LX570 retrofit competed by Caesar at Lightwerkz.
Here the detail:

Shipped the headlights to Caesar.
He checked them out and mentioned that he could not do a projector swap due to the AFS mechanism.
He did say that he could swap in a clear lens and mod the projector and test it and send me the pics.
Later that day he texts me saying the stock LX570 projectors are actually really awesome once a clear lens is added and after he did some modifications to the projector.
He showed me the 570 projectors pics vs the S2ks and the output from the modded LX 570s was much better!
I got the headlights back, AFS works perfect and the output is Awesome!!!

Connect with Lightwerkz if you want your done correctly.

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

S2ks on the top and modded and tuned LX570 on the bottom.

IMG_2574.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom