LX 570 Front and Rear Axle Off Center (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!

Recently got brake upgrades on a 2018 LX 570 which requires wheel spacers to fit the OE rear wheels back on.
After I got the wheels back on I realize the passenger (right side) is poking out around 17mm more than the driver (left side).
I did a quick measurement on the front and the right side is also around 10mm further outwards than the left side...
I know the rear typically shifts the axle one side (because of pan rod) if it's lifted but this vehicle is stock (suspension wise) so it really puzzles me.
Does anyone have any insights on why this may be the case? Just typically body on frame good stuff? lol
I have done multiple checks and the brake install is proper and both side are equal.

FR vs FL
FR.jpg
FL.jpg

RL vs RR
RL.jpg
RR.jpg

Last edited:
RR side has a fatter brake rotor to compensate for fuel tank.

Kidding aside - are you in L/N/H in picture?

RR side has a fatter brake rotor to compensate for fuel tank.

Kidding aside - are you in L/N/H in picture?
LOL - it's on N ride height in the photos.
On H setting it's a bit better cause I think the pan rod pulls it towards the left? Still noticeably different.

Normal.

You're right it's due to the panhard bar. The sweet spot for the panhard is to be as horizontal as possible at neutral height. This will allow it to have minimal left to right deflection as the suspension travels in compression or extension.

You'll note that in the horizontal position, it will also be as far right as it'll ever get (follow red curve trace in picture below). Hence the offset you're measuring. Our bar at stock ride height has just a tad of down angle but is pretty close to level.

1594693981139.png

Normal.

You're right it's due to the panhard bar. The sweet spot for the panhard is to be as horizontal as possible at neutral height. This will allow it to have minimal left to right deflection as the suspension travels in compression or extension.

You'll note that in the horizontal position, it will also be as far right as it'll ever get (follow red curve trace in picture below). Hence the offset you're measuring. Our bar at stock ride height has just a tad of down angle but is pretty close to level.

View attachment 2371284
Thanks for the info!
That's my understanding as well, just wanted to make sure it wasn't the body that's misaligned on the frame since the front is also off centered.
I guess the right wheel has always been poking outwards more than the left but the spacers made it more obvious. (OCD kicking in)
Just out of curiosity, does your LX's RR poke as much as mine? ~17mm delta.
Do you know if there's a reason why they couldn't design the panhard shorter so it wouldn't have this offset issue?

Last edited:
From all the slider installs, I can say, there is almost never a Toyota body sat perfectly on the frame. There just isn't. Kaymar has a design that compensate their rear bumpers for that fact. ARB has a design the compensates the front bumpers. BudBuilt has a design that compensates for the sliders. It's just where the body gets dropped on the frame from the factory. I've seen a max of 21mm off center. 4-8mm is my average I've seen.

My 200 was shifted to the right by 9mm. When I took the body of the frame for line-X, I put that sucker perfectly dead center. Whoo! Little details make me the most happy.

No reason to worry, just how they are.

From all the slider installs, I can say, there is almost never a Toyota body sat perfectly on the frame. There just isn't. Kaymar has a design that compensate their rear bumpers for that fact. ARB has a design the compensates the front bumpers. BudBuilt has a design that compensates for the sliders. It's just where the body gets dropped on the frame from the factory. I've seen a max of 21mm off center. 4-8mm is my average I've seen.

My 200 was shifted to the right by 9mm. When I took the body of the frame for line-X, I put that sucker perfectly dead center. Whoo! Little details make me the most happy.

No reason to worry, just how they are.
Yeah, I'm aware the body is never dead center coming out of the plant and it's probably still within their spec but I just didn't expect it to be that obvious 😂.
This is my dad's truck, I told him to bring it back to dealership as he just got this recently and see if they would mention the body not being seated perfectly but they just told him some lame excuses like "This brakes are probably installed incorrectly". I guess dealerships will do everything to avoid talking about body alignment eh.

From all the slider installs, I can say, there is almost never a Toyota body sat perfectly on the frame.

Yep! I noticed my rear bumper was almost 1/4" off on the passenger side wheel well, but I was able to shift it to make it sit right...

Thanks for all the help guys, I guess I will just put it back on the hoist and see if there's anything else I can play with.

You can certainly get an adjustible panhard, (Trail Tailor sells one, for example) but that looks like a pretty big offset to me and a dealer should be ANXIOUS to fix it.

Measured the body to frame and there's about 10mm of delta (off 5mm each side?) which explains why the RR tires are poking out of the fender. Going to the dealer later this week, gonna play dumb and see what they say... 🙄

LH.jpg
RH.jpg

Last edited:
I measured mine today and I only have about a 3-4mm delta to each side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom