LX 470 - OEM Hitch Bike Rack Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone found a tray-style hitch-mount bike rack that works with the LX OEM hitch with the spare tire installed?

I have a Kuat NV that seems like it could be forced into the oddly-shaped OEM hitch but I would have to remove the spare tire to install the pin.

The OEM hitch in question:
LX oem hitch .JPG

1up HD works pretty well if you can find one. You can open the tailgate with the tray angled all the way down and I’ll throw an 11” extension if I know I’ll be accessing the tailgate a bunch. I can squeeze in between the trays and the tailgate with the extension.

Last edited:
If you need recommendation on bike tray carrier, I got the below and love it to load up the families bikes! I can load and unload within minutes.

It looks like the 1UP is the way to go. From what I've heard, they've been on back order for quite a while.
As a last resort I could always fabricate another hitch receiver with a bit more clearance to fit the kuat, although it would be nice if it sat a bit closer to the bumper. It scrapes quite a bit on my 4Runner factory hitch.

Thanks for the input, everyone!

I have 1up and it's great. Very happy with it. I'd say worth the wait if you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom