LX 470 mirror controls not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wagan.com
Hey everyone,

So since buying the 99 LX470, the mirror controls never seemed to work. I thought maybe someone forgot to connect the harness inside the door, so I opened up the driver door panels to have a look inside.

Everything seems to be plugged fine, so I went to the buttons on the dash. Opening it up, it's a lot more complicated than I anticipated and then saw two harnesses not connected to anything and a couple "bulbs" that looks like they're tied off for some reason.

Does anyone know how to debug this situation? I'd love to be able to control the mirrors electronically rather than stripping gears with my hands. Thanks!

22040926-7D52-46E1-B33B-0E3FE18FD9E9.jpeg

Not sure what the white plug or extra bulbs are for (bulbs may not be factory?) but the black plug is for your axle diff locker switch.

If you have techstream, plug it in to see if you can control your mirrors from the computer. If you can then the problem is the switch, not the mirrors. In that case, remove the switch from the car and generously spray it down with electrical contact cleaner.

If you don’t have techstream then get techstream and in the meantime spray it down with contact cleaner anyway since it won’t harm anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom