LX 470 grille and headlight housings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone local PLEASE get this man an 05 + LX. I am definitely willing to send some cash for gas etc to get this done.
03-07 grille only, no-go. I made the DXF file for these years but I don't have a local test vehicle. 98-07 headlight housings with grille, we all think it will fit. For sure it fits 98-02.

I am curious is there a pic out there of a LX with everything installed?

The closest I can find a '98-07 for sale is ~350 miles away from 86004... I was wondering if we could get one delivered up there for a week of test dummy work?
The closest Toyota Dealer is Findlay but headlight housing and grills might be hard on the wallet for testing? Are there any salvage yards up that way?

Last edited:
The closest I can find a '98-07 for sale is ~350 miles away from 86004... I was wondering if we could get one delivered up there for a week of test dummy work?
The closest Toyota Dealer is Findlay but headlight housing and grills might be hard on the wallet for testing? Are there any salvage yards up that way?

Very True.

I am also unaware of any changes in the grill / hood release or anything like that for any LX.

Pretty sure Anything 03-07 will work

I think you are right but does anyone know for sure if there were any changes made?

I have an 05 and will gladly take any pics needed to compare a "later" LX to an earlier one

I think you are right but does anyone know for sure if there were any changes made?

I have an 05 and will gladly take any pics needed to compare a "later" LX to an earlier one
Some of us have discussed this previously. This is what we decided. 03-07 grille is a different shape on the bottom. The headlights should be the same shape. The hood should be the same. If all that is true then the whole grille/headlight set will fit all years. However, 03-07 grille alone, I will need a vehicle.

Some of us have discussed this previously. This is what we decided. 03-07 grille is a different shape on the bottom. The headlights should be the same shape. The hood should be the same. If all that is true then the whole grille/headlight set will fit all years. However, 03-07 grille alone, I will need a vehicle.

Get this man an 03 - 07 LX... or a 03 - 07 hood

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Off to the powder coat shop. Headlight opening rear plate needs to raise 3/8", it's too low on the prototype here but still fully functional.

I have a couple more little things to do, but at this point, I can offer these available to order. I can build these in a 2 piece grille also.

Now I need to get to the shop and do bodywork!!

LrqtNeMKT7S3iiaIKS0RQQ.jpg
DunkPEX8QK26VFQrolnEiA.jpg

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Off to the powder coat shop. Headlight opening rear plate needs to raise 3/8", it's too low on the prototype here but still fully functional.

I have a couple more little things to do, but at this point, I can offer these available to order. I can build these in a 2 piece grille also.

View attachment 2300833View attachment 2300834
That's a thing of beauty! What are the options for the upper grill panel? I know there was some talk about a light bar mount. A solid infill panel might be nice too. Either way, I'm in!

That's a thing of beauty! What are the options for the upper grill panel? I know there was some talk about a light bar mount. A solid infill panel might be nice too. Either way, I'm in!
Thanks! I know, I agree that some other options for the upper panel might just be the way to go. Not sure, but I can give dimensions so that people can check light sizes for fitment. I can make the upper any design that you want. Also, lights in the lower grille now is an option.

Thanks! I know, I agree that some other options for the upper panel might just be the way to go. Not sure, but I can give dimensions so that people can check light sizes for fitment. I can make the upper any design that you want. Also, lights in the lower grille now is an option.
I think a solid blank panel might be nice for customization. You could add your own lighting, a shore power charging port, winch remote plug, air hose connection etc. Or just do a raptor mod 😁

View attachment 2300833View attachment 2300834
I might be biased, but I think that’s the best LX on Mud 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom