LX 470 A Trac ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking @ the faq, says the 2000+ 100 series came with A Trac system standard. Was that only on the cruisers or did that include the LX? My 2001 doesn't appear to have it. Only center diff loc and low range:confused:

My 2001 LX has it. No buttons or switches, just kicks in when it feels like it needs to. It's not perfect, but way better than open diffs.

That's odd. I was looking for a button or something, like my 4Runner. Guess I should read the owners manual.:doh:

Yes, LC and LX. Just as a natural "given" as FullTime4WD. No need for silly lights and buttons like other wannabes. :rofl:

This might get me banned but is this system as good as the Disco II traction control?
It’s pretty good but it can also slow you down in some situations. Definitely not as good as being locked and I wish there was an off switch when you wanna get momentum going up steeper inclines etc, the system actually works against you from what I’ve seen. Overall it gets the job done.

I'll have to check it out. I've only taken it out on local fire roads and such. Looking to do the Mojave Trail this year with it. Not that difficult but still some tricky stuff.
The team I will be going with do this mainly with OEM 4x4 pickups and a couple of Wranglers.

Excellent write up on using ATRAC here.

IMHO atrac is fantastic once you get the feel for how it works. When your tires start spinning do not let off or give it more gas, leave it where it is and let the system take over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom