LX 450- need help on Climate control temp control panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, my climate control is acting up. The OFF button does not work, so I either have A/C on all the time or heat. Its only controlled by the temperature slide--meaning if I slide all the way to left (cold) A/C is on high; If I slide all the way to right toward hot--the heat is on. Also, i cannot turn off the A/C button and the off button does not work at all. I sourced a used control panel on fleabay (96-97 Lexus LX450 UZJ80 Heater AC Heater Climate Temperature Control Panel 9350 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-Lexus-LX450-UZJ80-Heater-AC-Heater-Climate-Temperature-Control-Panel-9350/363306002188?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2648), but am wondering if there are other options. I worry that my A/C is basically on all the time and aside from gas mileage, it will burn out the condenser at some point.

Any suggestions? If I should replace my unit, how difficult is it to pull mine out and put a new on in? Mine has the fake wood trip around as well. Thanks!

It’s not hard to pull that module out, it just has a few wire harnesses on the back. You can tell by the new one where the wires plug-in. I have been lucky buying eBay units and having them work.
The LX 450 system is a little more complicated than the Land Cruiser one, there is an air conditioning amplifier and it has a temp sensor I think that goes through a little white tube in the back, lots of threads and images if you search.
Here’s one: AC electrical problems

It’s not hard to pull that module out, it just has a few wire harnesses on the back. You can tell by the new one where the wires plug-in. I have been lucky buying eBay units and having them work.
The LX 450 system is a little more complicated than the Land Cruiser one, there is an air conditioning amplifier and it has a temp sensor I think that goes through a little white tube in the back, lots of threads and images if you search.
Here’s one: AC electrical problems
Thanks a lot JBEE-sorry its taken me a couple of days to respond. I purchased that ebay item and it just arrived. Will give this a try. Take care!

1618012837921.png

The Temp censor is behind the little grill boxed out in red.
Don't forget to blow the dust bunnies out of it.

Its an Eonon Android 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom