LWB with bikini top? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here running their lwb with a bikini top during the summer? If so, please post up a pic or 3 :D . Thanks.

I am, no pictures though. I can take one or 3 tonight. Oh wait, nevermind...I don't have it on anymore, now that it stopped raining.

I just use the standard 40 bikini, installed the window channel, use the headache rack and loop the straps down to the bed hooks. I drive it on the freeway, 60-70 mph, with no issues daily.

Dan

Yup, I'll post up a few tonight.

Here ya go
hoard 163.jpg
hoard 166.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, now that looks sharp. Can't wait to pick mine up in a few weeks.

cruise4070 said:
Here ya go

Hey, are those wheels the unique series 42? if so then how well do they fit? i bought some for my 40 and they hit the tierod end boot, even with 1/4 in spacers. how bout yours?

I think they are Americans, but dont remember the model or backspacing.
:eek: Sorry.

cruise4070 said:
Here ya go

Hey what the hell did you paint that with ?
It looks like you painted it with some spray bombs from Home Depot in the driveway at a friends shop :flipoff2:

I'll have you know they were from Lowes, hah! :flipoff2:

same as Cruise, I run the bikini top over the headache rack.....works great. no rack.........no worky

13540532.jpg

Wow, thanks Cruise4070 and Landpimp - those look great.

Since I never had a bikini on the 40 nor this, if I put that window channel on does it interfere with putting the hard top back on?

Looks like you both have the American Racing rims.

It started raining last night, so I put it on.

I've got ears on my rack, and I haven't added the snaps to the window channel.

Yes, you need to remove it to reinstall the hard top. I use metal roofing screws to hold the channel on. I use my cordless drill to install/remove the channel. The screws have a built in rubber washer that seals the hole so water doesn't get inside the window.

actaully no, on my 45 I leave the window chanell on when I put the hard top back on....its a bit harder to gett the levers down on the top but it no biggy.

I used some of the holes that were already on the frame......might be stock holes or might be PO drilled.......I dunno

oh and my chanel is not drilled into the frame where it will leak, but into the lip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom