LWB body mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Done some searching and really have not come up with anything. Got the 11-64 fj45 that is in total pieces right now and am trying to get all my parts together before i start putting this thing back together. Now of course the old ones were no good, broke most of the ones on the bed. Anyone know of a place i can find it as a kit or have an idea where i can start making one to put back under this thing? I need for both the cab and bed.

Any and all help appreciated muchly

Are the cab mounts the same as a 40? How about the bed? I know on my lv, 4 (of the 14 mounts on the body) are the same as a 40. The rear mounts were more of a pad between certain body channels and the frame. Any pics, if there the same or similiar I can tell you what I did.

Matt

Owyhee Jackass used like 2 FJ40 kits and an FJ55 kit or vice versa. He actually didn't buy the entire 2nd kit, he called energy suspsension and said he needed just a few more not a whole kit and they comped them for him. I'm sure when he sees this post he'll respond with the specifics. He even suggested to energy suspension which bushings they would need to package together to make an FJ45 kit but they weren't interested.

Thanks for the replies, by the way Matt, your doing an awesome job on yours. I figured out what i can us for the cab , its just the bed, unsure what you can use back there. What i pulled out looked like about a hockey puck cut about 1/4 thick with a bolt going through with a nut . Anyone know if we can use the old 40 cab mounting style or just use hockey puck or similar, was wanting to put about a one inch body lift on it anyhow. Does this sound like it would be workable ? Very new to the 45 scene, just been able to have 40 / 60 till now.

Again thanks much.

What Ken said. Two 40 kits should work. I don't have the specifics with me as far as how many of which part number you need. The Energy Suspension kit has square mounts, not round like the factory ones. So, if you're going for OEM look, these won't work.

I just ordered one 40 kit, got a list of the extra part numbers needed and called up Energy Suspension. It took a couple of tries, the first guy I talked to flat out refused to consider selling me individual components, the second guy said "Sure, you pay shipping and I'll comp them to you."

I put a one-inch body lift on too, so the bolts in the kit had to be replaced. Another tip, lock-tite the threads. The new mounts are way soft in comparison to the old hard pucks that you pulled out. They will work loose and you can lose a few, don't ask how I know.

Dan

Hey Dan , Was that 2 older 40 kits or the newer 40 kit. Didnt they change in the late 70's early 80's. And thanks for the tip about the lock tite.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I just stumbled upon this on my computer. This is the Energy Suspension FJ40 kit, compared to what is needed for the 45 long bed pick-up.

Dan

Last edited:
Dan, Thanks much for posting this. It will definately help me and probably other also.

If I can find the original kit diagram, I'll scan it and post it. The position #'s correspond to their diagram.

Dan

Update

I contacted Energy Suspension last week. The person that I spoke with would not put together any extra mounts. He suggested buying two kits. I told him it had been done before so he contacted his manager who backed him up. He gave me the name of the only person that they sell separate pieces to. His name is Bruce and he has a suspension shop in Modesto. His phone number is 209-578-5101. I will be calling him next week to see if he can put together a package that matches the list that Dan gave us. I will let you know how it goes.

I also contacted TLC and they recommend buying two kits from them.

This post was a little old so if anyone has found a better option please let me know.

Cheers,

Jim

I ended up buying 2 whole kits. Was easier for me that way.

I actually walked into a local place here and they could get them overnight for me. Any place that sells energy suspension should be able to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom