Lurker intro... with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Longtime lurker of the forum. Decided it was time to post since I'm starting to make some changes to the truck and mud has been such a great source of information. Owned it about 4 years and it took me plenty of places in stock form. It's a 2006 now with 240k miles.

I recently finished my drawers (KISS / Landshark reef2) and have a Dobinsons IMS kit on the way. Other than the 33s and yanking the running boards it's stock. It was a hard choice deciding to replace the AHC. I really liked it. Original plan was to replace the globes, add King KTRS-79 springs to the rear and keep the system - but the choice was made for me after spending 2 weeks trying to get it working again after installing the globes. I spent... more time that I'd have liked poring over all of the AHC troubleshooting threads and continually bleeding the system. In the end, I disassembled and cleaned the pump twice, ran probably 10 liters of (recycled) fluid through the system. I definitely got air in it at some point and just couldn't chase it out. When the pump started leaking yesterday and drained the reservoir onto the floor, I threw in the towel. I'm sure one of you could have gotten it going, but based on my specific experience and use case, it's time to let it go. Since I'm freeing up the space under the hood, I'll probably add a second battery so I can occasionally run a fridge and have the peace of mind.

Anyway, I appreciate all the collective knowledge here. Hopefully I can contribute in the future.

PXL_20220701_220232254.jpg

IMG_20180726_081407.jpg

PXL_20210327_180140587.jpg

PXL_20220620_045931412.jpg

IMG_20200308_083836.jpg

Welcome. I never got to experience ahc as the PO removed it for OME, they sucked so after a stint with icons in the rear and Toyota in the front I went IMS about a month ago. Great shocks.

Ooooo and an ohhhhh, the phantom Cypress Pearl LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom