Lug Stud Length

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by gulp3000, Jul 19, 2005.

1. gulp3000

gulp3000

I just saw this a few days ago, but I can't seem to find it. I'm looking for the proper specs on replacement studs needed when using a 1/2" wheel spacer. I'd like to pick them up on the way home and I haven't pulled any of the old ones off yet to go by.

Thanks

2. polarweasel

polarweasel Where's mah cruzah?

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you just add 1/2" to the stock size? Any auto-parts store should have them. I think they're M12-1.5 thread, and then just get them 1/2" (~13mm) longer than they say you need...

3. gulp3000

gulp3000

Your not missing anything - I just hate going into the parts store without a good idea of what I need. Trusting the store's computer is sort of like pulling the handle on a slot machine when it comes to Cruiser parts. :D

Edit - Forgot to add that it's your fault I need spacers. After seeing your Cruiser and how it sits, I pulled the trigger on a nice set of barely used 33x12.5s with 8" wheels. Unfortunately, they were on an older drum brake Cruiser and the backspacing is too deep :D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  4. polarweasel

polarweasel Where's mah cruzah?

Ha ha! Bring it by when it's done. I want to see it with its new shoes!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.