Lug Size/ Offset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am buying a set of Eagle 589's for my '70 fj40. I have stock axles, what r the lug patterns. and what offset should i get. I think im doing 33"x12.5"x15" super swamper thornbirds. I am getting 15x10 rims. thanks.

I also would like to know if I could go bigger on my tires. I have seen 2 charts, one said only 33x12.5, and the other one said 35x12.5 i am doing a 4" lift. Thanks

have u ever driven/seen a truck witht hornbirds go through some thick a$$ mud. cause i saw a 66 bronco with 35 thornbirds go through a mud pit with no problem. and it isnt just a mud ppuddle, i mean like a 30 foot long, 12 foot wide, 10 foot deep hole. :p

the bolt pattern is 6 lug on 5.5" and standard back space is 3.5"
this is from the Cruiser facts page

15x8 Black Rock Crawler Part number from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers - TEC51-5883S3.5
(3.5" is the correct backspacing, don't go messin' with the number)

Forgot, I would go with 15x8 rims. I have heard that you want your rim to be 60% as wide as the tire IE 12.5*60%= 7.5 or an 8" rim. Less chance of blowing a bead when aired down.

Get 8" rims. I just switched from 10s because they were to wide in my 12.5s. was always banging them on rocks or popping the bead. The 8s are doing great.

Ok. thanks, im not going to be doing much rock crawling though. here in NJ we have no rocks. lol. i mainly am goin to do mud, water, a whole lot of sand, and mud. so i dont think i ahve to worry too much about hitting them against rocks or anything. thanks

[quote author=70LCruiser link=board=1;threadid=7591;start=msg63576#msg63576 date=1068939922]
have u ever driven/seen a truck witht hornbirds go through some thick a$$ mud. cause i saw a 66 bronco with 35 thornbirds go through a mud pit with no problem. and it isnt just a mud ppuddle, i mean like a 30 foot long, 12 foot wide, 10 foot deep hole. :p
[/quote]

yes. last weekend. They sucked so much. The truck just slid around. I went through the same places as this dude with 35x14.5 thornbirds. With my little 33x12.5 MT I had less problems than he did.

ok, then what tires do u suggest. i want something that looks tough and is good in mud. i dont want a BFG M/T, maybe a SuperSwamper TSL?? what do u think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom