Lug Nut Key for 100 Series Wheel (Cincinnati/Milford, OH) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So.... when 20 people tell you to check stuff ahead of time, they're right.

The last wheel on my LC was put on by Thor's angsty teen brother with an air hammer. The locking nut key stripped out when I was trying to loosen before jacking it up and I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Ordering a new one (and a non-locking set) now and calling around for an Irwin Bolt Grip (forum search is my friend). But, if you happen to be in the Cincinnati area and up for lending one... I can pay in beer, whiskey, or if you need a spare fire extinguisher. :)

Thanks!

So.... when 20 people tell you to check stuff ahead of time, they're right.

The last wheel on my LC was put on by Thor's angsty teen brother with an air hammer. The locking nut key stripped out when I was trying to loosen before jacking it up and I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Ordering a new one (and a non-locking set) now and calling around for an Irwin Bolt Grip (forum search is my friend). But, if you happen to be in the Cincinnati area and up for lending one... I can pay in beer, whiskey, or if you need a spare fire extinguisher. :)

Thanks!

^^^^^

Exactly what thieves will have on their battery powered impact to steal your wheels/tires anyway. So just leave the 'anti-theft' (cough, cough) keys OFF. Then no worries about them stripping out or losing the key to them. ;)

You need the lug nut key? Fairly sure I have one in my kit. DM me.

There are several patters of the key, dealer has those in stock (at least the one I went to). 16 or more keys. About $20 each

Find a cheap 12 point deep well socket that will just start onto the lock. Hammer it on with a sledge and remove the locking nut. Repeat three more times. You will probably not be able to remove the lock nut from the socket after doing this so have 4 of the cheap sockets on hand

Replace with normal lug nuts

Problem solved

You need the lug nut key? Fairly sure I have one in my kit. DM me.
I ended up finding the fix @Mark WV mentioned and hulking it off. Thanks for the offer though!

The cross-threaded lug bolt that snapped was a bit of another story, but all in all, glad to have found this all out in my driveway rather than out on the road.

Find a cheap 12 point deep well socket that will just start onto the lock. Hammer it on with a sledge and remove the locking nut. Repeat three more times. You will probably not be able to remove the lock nut from the socket after doing this so have 4 of the cheap sockets on hand

Replace with normal lug nuts

Problem solved
Can confirm this works, and short of having a really stout vice, punch, and alot of patience, can confirm you will lose 4 sockets in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom