Lucy Liu, a long overdue 5.3 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@EasternYeti James here is what I did on my 60. Installed a 80 amp aux circuit breaker for my low intensity aux items, and a aux fuse box…and to your point a 6 relay box to house my relays. Installed the box on the firewall next to the wiper motor. Did this almost 4 years ago & so far it has been flawless. Have since added a rear locker & upgraded to a larger ARB compressor. Also installed this same unit on my 40.

I bought a 6 relay box…only currently using 4 relays. As I remember they also have a 8 & 10 relay box. It was a pain to wire up…but actually pretty straightforward. All the involved dash switches go directly to the relay box with the relays wired directly to the battery.

My 4 relays power the following: 1) A switch that powers my Ham, CB & ARB Fridge. 2) My Hella 4K bumper lights. 3) My ARB Compressor & Rear Locker. 4) This goes directly to my OEM Starter Solenoid.

Let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 2889295

View attachment 2889296

View attachment 2889297

View attachment 2889298

View attachment 2889300

John this is great, can you send me a link to the box supplier? I'd likely need a 6 or 8 slot relay box. Similar to you, I have the Toyota HD wiring harness (2 Relays) , ARB Lockers (2 Relays), and the CB, and the AC both use one respectively.

Love how clean yours came out, its a project worth doing. I need to find a place for it as well, right now a lot of wires are routed to an auxiliary fuse block with the relays mounded closeby on the firewall

@EasternYeti James here is where I purchased the box for my 60 & 40. I also watched several YouTube on installation and which box to purchased…I think from some 4Runner forum. A lot of stuff they did tho was extremely complicated included Spods etc etc. I tried to make this as simple as possible tho.

Running the wires, rerouting what I already had and trying to make it as clean as possible took some time but for me at least, this project was well worth it. Here is another close up shot.

D1CE20D4-C9C0-4D29-805D-CA7ABE67B652.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom