Lucky me (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fuel shut off, isn't that the edic motor?
<having a mind fart today>
if so i have a couple sitting here... i think

Yea that's dealership price.

Yea its the edic motor. If so would you be willing to part with one and how much???? thanks

choke cable from any parts store, 8 bucks, will do the same thing, cept for the low oil shut down.

did you take it a part and clean it up?

I have it apart right now and as far as i can see everything is good. Yea i could get a choke cable, but thats a nuissance.

Yea that's dealership price.

Yea its the edic motor. If so would you be willing to part with one and how much???? thanks

I was going to say hit up one of the many Cruiser parts people like Wayne (gotta support our Red Star vendors here in MUD :D). Will be much much more reasonable than a brand new one from a dealership. Good luck.

If you could fab up a small mounting bracket onto the pump you might get by with one of these ,we use them at work on some of the gensets and larger air compressors.
They can also be mounted elsewhere and connected to the pump by small cable or chain...

www.fwmurphy.com/pdf/RPS-00092b.pdf

James...

Last edited:
good link.

does it do three positions? Can it do that? I looked at the file but didnt' read in deep. Goes with a choke cable you still have to make detents to hit it in the right spots for three areas.

In the FSm they are pretty peticular about the degree the arm sits. I would not want to screw up any type of fuel delivery by being in the over inject spot. Might cause damage.

Sorry guys and gals my mistake,I was thinking of a fuel cutoff in the original post not the EDIC,I see the EDIC controls the fuel a 3 different points,so this solenoid will not work.Should have read the replies better.. :confused:

Cleaned it up and got it to work again. Thanks for the offer though wayne, much apreciated.

I had a similar problem on my old 40. Turned out to be the control box under the dash (next to the glove compartment) Every so often a good thump on the dash would fix it!!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom