Lube in the breather of the locker actuator

A few taps on the rear locker actuator, and it’s working again !!

In some of the reading I did to figure out how to get the issue with the locker actuator working again. I came across mentions of a breather hole on the actuator housing. I haven’t really looked close enough to find a breather on the housing yet, but it seems that most the issues that merit a rebuild or replacement arise from water getting into the housing.

Has anybody sprayed WD40, white grease, pb blaster, or some type of lubricant/protectant in the breather hole as PM ?
Thoughts?

A few taps on the rear locker actuator, and it’s working again !!

In some of the reading I did to figure out how to get the issue with the locker actuator working again. I came across mentions of a breather hole on the actuator housing. I haven’t really looked close enough to find a breather on the housing yet, but it seems that most the issues that merit a rebuild or replacement arise from water getting into the housing.

Has anybody sprayed WD40, white grease, pb blaster, or some type of lubricant/protectant in the breather hole as PM ?
Thoughts?
I would run the breather to the engine air filter housing. I would think the vacuum would keep moisture out of the actuator.

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
It's not particularly accessible is my thoughts.

The breather is a thin plastic spigot with 2-3" of thin plastic tube attached, which is wrapped in the wiring harness.

When I've taken them apart, the risk of breaking the spigot has been a worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom