LSPV nipple (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the bleed nipple on the lspv the same as the caliper nipples? ie thread pitch!
Mine is severely corroded and I need to replace it.

Thanks

Just replace the whole LSPV. Betting if the nipple is rotten the LSPV probably isn't far behind.

(That probably wasn't very helpful)
Yeah good call, do you know the part number(s) before I call Mr T?

1666886116627.png

The bleeder is not serviced. You buy the valve to get it.

^^^This^^^.

It is strange that the bleed screw for the LPSV is not available from Toyota, not even in the rebuild kit. Maybe Toyota figured if it's that bad the entire assembly should be replaced?? IDK

Either way, the LPSV bleed screw appears to not be the same size/thread pitch as the caliper bleed screws.

FWIW, I'm in the middle of replacing rear calipers, hoses, etc and plan to crack the LSPV bleed screw probably for the first time since this 80 left the factory so had been looking for a spare bleed screw in case it's needed. Guessing it may be M7 x 1.0mm x ~25-30mm (not confirmed yet), so I ordered a bleed screw in that size to check/compare. It'll arrive next week so should be able to see if it's the correct size then.

Either way, the LPSV bleed screw appears to not be the same size/thread pitch as the caliper bleed screws.
It's definitely an odd-ball piece. I never found anything close.

For the LSPV on my 94 80 series, I used napa part UP 23928. I believe the size was M8-1.25 X 28mm.

I checked with NAPA for that part number; the online website doesn't give dimensions so called my local store, they seem to think that UP 23928 is
M7 x 1.0 x ~37mm.

@12bit : Was the Napa part longer than the original bleed screw?

I checked with NAPA for that part number; the online website doesn't give dimensions so called my local store, they seem to think that UP 23928 is
M7 x 1.0 x ~37mm.

@12bit : Was the Napa part longer than the original bleed screw?
I cant locate the original at the moment, but here's a pic of the Napa part that I used.

20221028_153811.jpg

OK, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom