LSPV delete but for rear drums? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been reading a lot about these LSPV deletes but everyone seems to do it in their disc setups but I’ve got a 91 with drums that won’t even lock in snow or ice. I’ve replaced everything having to do with the rear brakes and have gotten zero change. At this point either my master is the problem or it’s the LSPV and at this point if I can just easily delete it I’d like to but from what I’ve heard is it also control fluid volume to the slave cylinders since since drums use much less fluid volume than disc brakes. Any idea?

I’ve been reading a lot about these LSPV deletes but everyone seems to do it in their disc setups but I’ve got a 91 with drums that won’t even lock in snow or ice. I’ve replaced everything having to do with the rear brakes and have gotten zero change. At this point either my master is the problem or it’s the LSPV and at this point if I can just easily delete it I’d like to but from what I’ve heard is it also control fluid volume to the slave cylinders since since drums use much less fluid volume than disc brakes. Any idea?
yep, did mine a couple years back. All i did was dislocate the lever connect to the axle. then permanently tie the rod and move the lever as high as possible to simulate full load. My braking has improved 10x.

yep, did mine a couple years back. All i did was dislocate the lever connect to the axle. then permanently tie the rod and move the lever as high as possible to simulate full load. My braking has improved 10x.
I did that too a year or two ago but it really didn’t make much difference. I also did an engine swap and since it’s gotten worse

sounded like your brakes are not working properly to begin with...
Hmmm, I just replaced the booster, rear drums, shoes, cylinders and hardware and front pads (calipers aren’t frozen up). It stops decently at any speed over like 15 mph but slower than that amd I have to stand on the pedal to make it stop. I imagine the extra power from the 350sbc isn’t making it easier but the performance at low speeds is atrocious. I know it’s getting vacuum too, I can hear it vent air in whenever I use the brakes even at low speed.

Hmmm, I just replaced the booster, rear drums, shoes, cylinders and hardware and front pads (calipers aren’t frozen up). It stops decently at any speed over like 15 mph but slower than that amd I have to stand on the pedal to make it stop. I imagine the extra power from the 350sbc isn’t making it easier but the performance at low speeds is atrocious. I know it’s getting vacuum too, I can hear it vent air in whenever I use the brakes even at low speed.
Air in the system? I can lockup my 4 tires if i stand on mine. And my rig is heavy.

Air in the system? I can lockup my 4 tires if i stand on mine. And my rig is heavy.
Possibly? I mean I bled the s*** out of the system. I just noticed that my pedal falls a little farther after about a quarter second after hitting the brakes and then they grab pretty good, but I did just put new front pads in yesterday

I would put a vacuum gauge on it and see. Even a good motor can pull crappy vacuum if the timing and carb aren't tuned properly. That would explain why at speed the brakes work well but at low speed when the engine is at idle they suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom