LSP How hard to replace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, How hard is it to replace the LSP I’ve never worn one out before? I didn’t figure out it was bad until several hours of bleeding the brakes. Even when I bleed it ,it did not leak but it poured out after the cruiser was turned on. Mike

The FJ60 didn't have a rear LSPV and in 30 years of driving one, I never needed it or missed it or wanted it.
You don't need it

You don't need to replace the LSPV if it's not leaking. If you have a lift you need to adjust the float rod coming out that bolts to the rear axle housing.

Thanks,It’s leaking. Looked at Summit. Their valves seem poorly built. Mike

Anyone got one on a parts car they could let go? Thanks, Mike

I replaced mine. One banana job. Wasn't leaking but one of the plastic ears centering the cantilevered rod was broken. Must mark its position before removing so that braking is same. If you install a 2" lift, valve has to move down 1/4" or so. Procedure is in the fsm.

Might be rusted tight on the brake lines side and on the mounting itself so I would clean it up properly and use a few days to get oil working in?

Remove the C-clip to see another O-ring? LSPV O-ring replacement-anyone?

I did not know until the guy at the road check said it needed to be working, I Checked, and it was only not visible because of the rubber boot :confused: :hmm: easy fix but took it apart for nothing.

Seems not serviceable with Toyota part: PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

Anyway below is the proper movement when pressing brake pedal with engine off, just a few mm and the hard metal rod should be a few mm away from it (as body should lower by heavy cargo it comes closer)

2_683fa4c3df5a4849b4c83eb5773316c6.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, No rust. But when I press on the brakes about 2 ounces of brake fluid comes out . Mike

Well that's a mess. I didn't see yours was leaking.

The cheap fix is complete removal of the LSPV and run without it for the short term. I installed an adjustable one into mine and I see no difference but my truck is far from stock these days.

Are you going for a perfect restore? Or?

Lots of options here to solve this.

@cruisermatt has a LSPV delete I followed on his build thread.

Thanks, My cruisers are almost all original Toyota parts. Hoping someone will have this part. I don’t know how many of these I’ve seen thrown away on parts cars. Mike

I can only speak of my FZJ80s and their LSPV. Both are now in the trash where they belong.

Still hoping someone has one. Mike

pm me. I have one that has the rubber boot torn and it can probably be salvaged. Gotta check my pile of horded parts that get forgotten forever.

Ok so I bought a new 1991 valve to try swapping the inside into the older body. This will not work , the inside threads are different . Still looking for a 1988 lspv body ,hopefully someone has one . Thanks, Mike

Thanks, Trying to ask where they are made? Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom