LSLC Houston May Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texican
Old joke I played on JR years ago, new guy was at the LSLC meeting, and JR and Jeff Jones were over huddled around an 80 which is where you always find JR, anyway I told the new guy they were "gay" and he bought it, JR was not amused...........
Butch

And then to top it all off, Baker's daughter brings her Schnauzer (Isaac???) to the meeting and he attacked me in the parking lot. See the kind of sh1t I have had to put up with????

Baker, you should see this truck Dieseldog (Greg) has. Its a 93 KZJ-70 turbodiesel, right hand drive...looks like you drove it off the showroom. In addition to a SEG, I had a woody so big I was confused about where the gear shift was.

Jim Reiss, TLCA #6760
Houston, TX
1997 FJ-80 40th Ann., locked, OME-J, BFG's, lots of other stuff
Lone Star Land Cruisers ipoff2:

elmariachi said:
Quote:
showroom. In addition to a SEG, I had a woody so big I was confused about where the tilt wheel lever was.2:

I fixed it for ya' so it believable........ :bounce: :bounce2: :flipoff2:

Isaac is a Min Pin.......Oscar is the schnauzer... he won't sic, like Isaac.
Butch
goofy dog.jpg

elmariachi said:
Am I going to have to call Deb and have her rein your ass in? :flipoff2:

Call away........beeaaatttccchhh! :flipoff2: :flamingo:

dieseldog said:
I wish I had gotten there sooner and would have taken some of that lube off your hands. Don get rid of it as I'll definitely be needing some soon.

I left the un-opened 5 gallons in Jim's garage. Anyone with 4 rare Landcruisers is first in line for the freebie in my book!

We still need to do Jim's FF...either way, I'd like to see that 12 year old diff lube drain out! You did say it was original, right? :eek: I have a couple oil analysis sampling bottles. If that stuff is really that old, it might be worth spending the $14 to have the lab look at it just for a data point.

Last edited:
Yea, the two diffs, the tranny, and the transfer all have the original lube. The truck only has just over 22,000 miles--all but 1,639 of them driven by me. I seriously doubt Toyota changed the lube during the 1,639 miles they were testing this prototype.

Just ran across this thread from a link on LSLC's web site. I am intersested in the next get together. I just had a LSLC Austin member come down and we did knuckle jobs on our 62's. I added mini-truck calipers, an 80 series (1") master clyinder, new slotted rotors, and extended stainless steel brake lines.

I met diesel dog at Javier's shop. Javier helped me with the cross member mount welds for my H55F conversion. Dig the 45!

I live close to El Mariachi at Spring Cypress and North Eldridge Parkway.

Quick bio: 43 this month married with 3 in diapers. Work for an oil company doing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) work. Drink good beer and shoot cats on sight. Lived in Austin recently while going back to school for a Geophysics degree. Have a lake house on LBJ where I hosted the 3FE list's 1st Spring Bash in 2003. We put 2.5" Dobinsons suspensions on 4 trucks over Memorial Day weekend. People drove or flew in from all over the country to help wrench, it rocked. The second bash, Gear Bash, was writen up in TT. Todd K. or I screwed up and left out the sidebar on the 1st bash. I did not make it to that one (3 in daipers) as it was in NE Pennsylvania.

I recognize some of you guys from other MUD forums, look forward to meeting you.

Dunbar

Dunbar said:
Drink good beer and shoot cats on sight. Lived in Austin recently while going back to school for a Geophysics degree.

Dunbar

Small world... I am a geophysicist (my official title is depth imaging geophysicist). I work for a small shop on the west side of town (we are up to 7 people now :D ) I guess Houston is the place to be if you are in the oil industry.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

:beer:

Dunbar said:
I met diesel dog at Javier's shop. Javier helped me with the cross member mount welds for my H55F conversion. Dig the 45!
I live close to El Mariachi at Spring Cypress and North Eldridge Parkway.

Drink good beer and shoot cats on sight. Lived in Austin recently while going back to school for a Geophysics degree. Have a lake house on LBJ where I Dunbar

I'm digging it, hope to see you soon Dunbar. So let's set a June time to get together. MIKE????? Somebody pick a spot/date/time.

Wait till you guys see DieselDog's lineup of diesels.....had me a Woodeeee. :D

Jim

Dunbar said:
I met diesel dog at Javier's shop.
Dunbar

Hey Dunbar!

You've met me, too! We met one Sunday Morning up in Tomball. You were changing diapers on the side of the road, I think :)

Hope to see you at the next GTG.

BTW guys, I am in the Hampton Inn on the West side of LR, AR. Will be at the Ramble the next two days. Hope I don't create any major repair jobs!

I think it's time for us to talk about a June meeting now, don't ya think?

elmariachi said:
How about June 18th???

Works for me. Want to do another wrench session, or should we do the restaurant type thing?

I always have wrenching to do, so everyone is welcome to come use my garage/tools/bbq/beer, but I'm a bit out of the way being in Sugar Land.

elmariachi said:
How about June 18th???

Sounds good.

I can fill you in on all the stories Butch told about you at the Ramble :eek:

How about this for a meeting location: St. Arnolds Brewery on the 25th! A fellow 3FE lister from Austin will be here and another one who lives inside the loop will be there too. Pretty much eliminates the wrenching but enhances the beer drinking.

I am ready to let the tools sit for a while. I just finished a knuckle rebuild and upgrade to mini-truck calipers and master cylinder. Followed that up with new plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor, and all new vacuum lines. This weekend I will be installing SOR seat bottom foam replacements and tuff duck slip covers. It does not end, Dearborn is shipping my dual battery cable setup today.

Hey tarbe, were you driving the 97' luxury cruiser with OME?

Salud!

Dunbar

Dear St. Arnold's Army:

Quick reminders:

STEEL STRING THEORY TO PLAY AT THE BREWERY TOUR ON JUNE 25
One of our Army members (and a big supporter of the band) has arranged to have Steel String Theory come play during our tour on June 25. They're a bluegrass band out of North Carolina. This should be a fun event. The tour will still be free, although we're sure that the band will accept all donations and will be more than happy to sell you a CD. For more info on the band, go to: http://www.steelstringtheory.com/

May was our biggest month ever and our growth for the year now stands at 30%! Thanks so much for all of your support!

Cheers,

The Brew Crew
Ann, Brock, Darrin, Dave, Frank, James, Jesse, Juan, Juan, Kendra, Mary, Pedro, Red, Tovias and Vince

--
Saint Arnold Brewing Company
2522 Fairway Park Drive
Houston, TX 77092
713-686-9494
http://www.saintarnold.com

Free Tours Every Saturday at 1:00 pm

Dunbar said:
Hey tarbe, were you driving the 97' luxury cruiser with OME?

Yup, that was me.

Looks like maybe a bit of a date conflict brewing on the next GTG. We'll have to work on it...

18th vs 25th....maybe wrenching on the 18th and beer for those who partake on the 25th? Jim - what date were you looking at for doing Buck's rear bearings? I thought it was the 18th. I think Greg (Dieseldog) and Mantis both need some wrench time, too.

tarbe said:
Yup, that was me.

Looks like maybe a bit of a date conflict brewing on the next GTG. We'll have to work on it...

18th vs 25th....maybe wrenching on the 18th and beer for those who partake on the 25th? Jim - what date were you looking at for doing Buck's rear bearings? I thought it was the 18th. I think Greg (Dieseldog) and Mantis both need some wrench time, too.

I just posted to the TLCC-H forum....so whenever they want to do it, either weekend is okay with me. We could always do something both weekends like you are suggesting. Let me see how Buck replies and whoever can meet can come over to his shop.

Guys,

I had thought the 25th was going to be good for me, but its now out. My wife is pregnant and seems that date will now be used for Hospital registration and a birthing class. Would the 26th be ok for a wrench session?

Buck

Buckru said:
Guys,I had thought the 25th was going to be good for me, but its now out. My wife is pregnant and seems that date will now be used for Hospital registration and a birthing class. Would the 26th be ok for a wrench session?Buck

Buck,

It tums out the 26th is a Sunday that we have to be in DFW. You are more than welcome to come over one evening and we can do it in my garage if it needs to be done sooner.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom