LSLC Houston May Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right now I look clear. I will try to protect that date....

It's bound to be hot by then (I am a native, just not of Texas!) so I'd vote for later when the sun is less severe. Or maybe 0600 :)

elmariachi said:
So let's try for May 21st. I need input if anyone is interested in having it near my neck of the woods at 290 and Telge (NW). I'll provide the refershments and a burger if we have it here. Or we can meet somewhere closer to downtown. Opinions please.

Selfish me, I vote for Jim's place 'cause it is only 5 miles from my house! I'll help out with the eats/drinks.

SPECIAL OFFER!

First two Cruisers to show up at the next GTG can have their diff lube (front and rear) changed for free. If you are one of the first two and you don't run 80W-90 dino or don't need a change, you can let the next guy cash in. No fair camping on Jim's lawn Friday night, for this huge free offer :D :D (value for tax purposes - $8,500. Cash value - 1/20th of one cent)

elmariachi said:
So let's try for May 21st. I need input if anyone is interested in having it near my neck of the woods at 290 and Telge (NW). I'll provide the refershments and a burger if we have it here. Or we can meet somewhere closer to downtown. Opinions please.

Your place is fine with me.

Under 3 weeks to get the 45 on the road. :eek:

elmariachi said:
How does Saturday May, 21st sound for a get together? Day or eve?

So let's meet Saturday, May 21st in my garage around 1PM. Whoever wants to show up, Tim Arbeiter and I are thinking about tearing into our rear axles and repacking bearings, replacing seals etc. The more help the merrier, we can even wrench on something else if you have a need. I live north of 290 on Telge Rd, PM me for directions.

Jim

My wife decided it was carpet cleaning time on the 21st, because we have out of state company coming on the following weekend.

I was able to convince her that I should really do the carpets this weekend, in case I get run over by a bus sometime next week.

Smart lady, eh?

Now where are those new rear bearings? :)

elmariachi said:
How does Saturday May, 21st sound for a get together? Day or eve?

My house anytime after 10AM, email me for directions or call 214-542-6708. We are rebuilding my rear axle at 10:30AM, and I am going to watch Tim rebuild his at 1PM. :D

elmariachi said:
My house anytime after 10AM, email me for directions or call 214-542-6708. We are rebuilding my rear axle at 10:30AM, and I am going to watch Tim rebuild his at 1PM. :D

Plus I have 5 gallons of dino 80W-90 gear lube I need to get rid of (un-opened bucket only a month old) that I bought for flushing birf-turds...except I didn't have any birf-turds :D

So come out, get your gear oil changed for free, laugh at Jim and I while we do our rear bearings with just a hammer and a screwdriver, and we can all act like little kids comparing our Tonka Trucks!

WTF are you gonna be doing to full floater rear wheels brgs, they run in gear oil and require no maintinence unless you have leaky seals....... :confused: :confused:

Texican said:
WTF are you gonna be doing to full floater rear wheels brgs, they run in gear oil and require no maintinence unless you have leaky seals....... :confused: :confused:

Well, well, well. I finally caught the Wise One with his britches around his ankles. On a full-floating FJ-80, the bearings do not run in oil. They live in the hub on the OUTSIDE of an oil seal and are packed with MP bearing grease.

SLAP

Now go away and don't come back in here and I'll keep this quiet. Otherwise I'm gonna expose your error in this thread in Chit Chat for all the world to see. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I hope you noticed I followed appropriate protocol and allowed the senior member to do the slapping :)

elmariachi said:
Well, well, well. I finally caught the Wise One with his britches around his ankles.
:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Well it ain't the first time you caught me like that, sorry I ruined it with the blonde ya' used to date...... :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:
Are ya sure?
Jeff Zepp's mining truck had gear oil cause we had to tape them up when he shelled the 3rd in Moab......
WTF was Toyota thinking not using gear oil like everyone else?
Butch

Texican said:
Well it ain't the first time you caught me like that, sorry I ruined it with the blonde ya' used to date...... :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:
Are ya sure?
Jeff Zepp's mining truck had gear oil cause we had to tape them up when he shelled the 3rd in Moab......
WTF was Toyota thinking not using gear oil like everyone else?
Butch

Am I sure??? Hell yes I am sure. Do I look UNSURE? Have I ever looked unsure? You know me, even I was unsure, I'd tell you I was sure.

Yes, the 80 rear full floater is just like a trailer hub with a rear hub seal and enclosed bearings riding on a spindle. The axle slides in the end of the spindle through a small seal in the end of the spindle that keeps the oil from entering the bearing cavity. Its a very unique setup. What's amazing is how clean and tight these bearings were after 135k miles. The spindle seals had been leaking a bit on Tim's truck, but the bearings still had grease in them though they had been bathing in a little oil.

p.s. I don't date or do blondes and you know that. :D

He may not do blondes; however, when last seen, he was driving on the wrong side of a Land Cruiser at a high rate of speed through the subdivision--with a SEG all over his face. What was that all about?

It was good to finally meet you Jim and Tim. I wish I had gotten there sooner and would have taken some of that lube off your hands. Don get rid of it as I'll definitely be needing some soon.

The SEG is SOP for JR, get used to it..........
As far as lube, he usually has Analeze in the glove box, like most butt pirates do.........

The two guys were kinda fighting over the lube tube . . . not sure WHAT that was all about. A little bit of Bonhomme, perhaps?

dieseldog said:
The two guys were kinda fighting over the lube tube . . . not sure WHAT that was all about. A little bit of Bonhomme, perhaps?

Old joke I played on JR years ago, new guy was at the LSLC meeting, and JR and Jeff Jones were over huddled around an 80 which is where you always find JR, anyway I told the new guy they were "gay" and he bought it, JR was not amused........... :D :D

Butch

Sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom