LSeat's diamond stitch leather seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Definitely time to install new leather seats and researching I found all the usual suppliers. I'm thinking about going out on a small limb and installing LSeat's diamond stitch leather pattern on the front & middle rows, with diamond stitch leather replacing the leather on the door inserts as well (behind the door armrests). I only found one other MUDder who had done something similar - anyone else install a non-OEM leather pattern on their 80 Series? Any long term reports as to LSeat's quality or photos of non-OEM leather color installed? LSeat sent me some photos of the diamond stitch pattern that they sold for a BMW X5 (below).

For background, as of now I'm not planning on going crazy with the color (stock beige or the darker brown of the other interior pieces). Any input as to other possible colors that'd work, non traditional suppliers or other words of warning/wisdom would be much appreciated.

Seats as they came w/ the car:
full

LSeat's Diamond Stitch Pattern (from BMW X5 but should be similar):
full

full

full

Last edited:
I would love to see a set installed

Just no.

My thoughts:
1) Your truck, do what you want :D
2) I don't think the diamond pattern really matches the look of a 90's SUV. Maybe something out of the 70's or 80's, IMO
3) All the extra stitching seems like more potential weak points 10 years down the road - just a thought

Thanks for all the feedback. Part of my concern is the 'worst case' scenario - I don't want to detract from the car's marketability in case I ever have to sell it. Overall it seems the diamond/quilt stitch would lower the pool of interested buyers rather than expand it.

Much like this 80 series. I'm sure the owner loves how it turned out but it's not my cup of tea. Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4

I think it will also look weird because of the horizontal panels in the seats. It will break up the diamond pattern. The seats you showed don't have those panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom