LSeat leather showed up today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figured while I research a possible motor swap I can at least freshen a few other things up. Ordered new front seat leathers a week or so before Christmas from LSeat, FedEx dropped them off at the office today. I'm no expert, but for $300 this looks to be a no brainer. The leather is nice and the color is close enough that most people will never know.

Never messed with upholstery/leather much other than cleaning it. Pulled the passenger seat when I got home. Found 2 lighters, 38 cents, an old receipt for some Natti Light and a couple .22 shorts. Jackpot. I've got access to commercial truck mounts at work, going to steam and clean the carpet back to its prime.

Heating elements are due to arrive tomorrow and I've sourced some factory heated seat switches from another member who has them ordered from Japan. Will be a few weeks before they're in my hands. Could have really used them last week...

I figure I'll be in for a learning curve this weekend. I've used hog rings plenty of times, but never for something like this. Should be a fun project with immediate results. I'll throw up some photos when I'm done.

I wish you would've posted on here you were going to buy them. I have unopened LSeats for the 80, right after I ordered them I found a set of seats in a junkyard in Alabama with brand new leather. They aren't very good with returns, so I figured I'd find someone here who needs them.

Good luck with the project, post a few pics.

I wish you would've posted on here you were going to buy them. I have unopened LSeats for the 80, right after I ordered them I found a set of seats in a junkyard in Alabama with brand new leather. They aren't very good with returns, so I figured I'd find someone here who needs them.

Of course you have a set, that's precisely my luck.

Still have these and if so, what color? Im in the market. PM me please.

Managed to get the passenger seat and center console knocked out over the weekend. Took roughly 6-7 hours when I had some spare time. Went slow and of course had to snip some new hog rings as I went along for I would get ahead of myself. Overall not too bad I must say. The bottom turned out better than the back, hoping a few hot days in the sun down the road will help the back take shape. I'll need to order new bottom seat foam for the drivers side before I get to it.

Old center console, always just took it in stride as it's 20 years old. The new look is much better as is the passengers seat.

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

Last edited:
Those look pretty good!! Great Job! I've seen so much criticism of LSeats on the 100 forum for their lead time and customer service, but for such an inexpensive price what can you expect.

Thanks, I can't complain for the price of admission. The back has actually started to look better over the last few days. Glanced back at the photo I posted of the seat and it looks much better now. The most nerve racking part for me was cutting the holes for the headrest posts. Marked and checked those cuts 3-4 times before I moved forward. I need to pull the trigger on the factory seat foam this week so I can wrap this project up. I've got sidetracked the last couple of weekends removing the crap roof rack and getting the top ready for Line X.

Those look pretty good!! Great Job! I've seen so much criticism of LSeats on the 100 forum for their lead time and customer service, but for such an inexpensive price what can you expect.

Thanks, I can't complain for the price of admission. The back has actually started to look better over the last few days. Glanced back at the photo I posted of the seat and it looks much better now. The most nerve racking part for me was cutting the holes for the headrest posts. Marked and checked those cuts 3-4 times before I moved forward. I need to pull the trigger on the factory seat foam this week so I can wrap this project up. I've got sidetracked the last couple of weekends removing the crap roof rack and getting the top ready for Line X.
Don't be afraid to call for a HAMOM. Clearly you can do the job, but help makes it go quicker and I'm sure there are a few who would tackle this project if they saw someone else do it too.

I just ordered the L-seat covers for mine, looking forward to getting the seats looking new again. I have hog ring pliers already. Do you remember what size of hog rings you used? Do you remember where you got them?

Thanks

I just ordered the L-seat covers for mine, looking forward to getting the seats looking new again. I have hog ring pliers already. Do you remember what size of hog rings you used? Do you remember where you got them?
You'll need about 50 hog rings, 10 mm. I'm sure 3/8" would be easier to find. Do a HAMOM, free help is good and I'm sure others would like to learn.

Thanks

Haven’t been on much lately, we’re you able to get yours on? Mine look much better now after the summer heat. Let me know if you still need a hand.

Very nice, but it appears as if you forgot to put your passenger’s seat back in FYI.

;)

The most nerve racking part for me was cutting the holes for the headrest posts. Marked and checked those cuts 3-4 times before I moved forward.

I was under the impression I should put the leather completely on, stretch and hog ring, then use something like a small sharp punch, or make a small + cut with an exacto knife WHILE it is on the seat. Then just pushing the plastic post through the +

That way they are sure to be lined up perfect.

The plastic post itself will actually cover a bit around the cut, so not too worried there, I am more worried about it tearing or ripping afterwards or further down the road.

How did you guys cut the post holes?

Progress pics for attention. I haven't attached the sides yet cause the leather covers the bolt holes to attach to the seat frame.

20190109_112034.jpg

20190113_214736.jpg

You're right, the plastic trim piece does cover the holes for the headrest. Honestly, after I cut the holes and lined everything up I was worried about nothing. I took a long screw driver from under the back of the seat and came up through the head rest roles. Once I saw where it was making contact with the leather, I marked the spots. Then I took a razor blade and made the cuts for the holes, easy really. Once the plastic trim pieces were put back on all was well.

What color did you go with? I am looking at the Ivory or Bisque but cant figure out which one to get., leaning to Ivory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom