lseat.com front seat upholstery đź‘Ť (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought some of these on a whim. It took a solid three weeks before they shipped, but when they arrived it was easy to see they are high quality. I opted for the fake leather (like in a new BMW) rather than real leather (same price), and it's great.

They have sleeves for the hold down rods (like for the perpendicular crease in the pic) but don't come with the rods for them or for the hems (where you hog ring them), so you'll need two 4ft sections of 1/8 steel rod for each seat plus some 10ga solid copper wire or equivalent for the rods that hold down the creases. Get some long nose hog ring pliers too.

(The seat frames are muy bueno in that they have access holes from the bottom so you can reach the rod you need to hog tie to make the crease -- you don't see consideration like that for down-stream mechanics in modern engineering)

Not affiliated, just pointing out a decent option.

IMG_20220521_124628_hdr~2.jpg

Interesting that the seats are listed for 72 through 78, then skip '79 to resume 1980 through 1989. Am I missing something?

Looks nice. Pls post installed pics.
The cover is installed on the lower seat frame/cushion in the pic. Done by me, who is not a professional upholsterer. The pic shows the orig upholstery from 1975 (with that delicious smell of Japanese cars from the 70s and 80s) for reference. Here's a couple more. (Driver side not done obvs)

@DougAustinTx I suspect you're not missing anything. They may not have had a pattern for the "missing" years. 🤷 I watched a video last night of a guy who sent them his bmw covers for patterning. Took forever, but he got really nice covers -- discounted because lseat.com wanted his pattern. They ship from HOU, btw

IMG_20220522_072821_hdr.jpg
IMG_20220522_072734_hdr.jpg

I couldn't find anything on mud about how to remove the trim (bezel, whatever) around the holes for the headrest. I butchered mine getting them out, but here's how not to:

Expand them inside the hole where you can see the yellowish tube. The yellowish tube has a ridge on the outside that the trim piece catches at the front and back (not the sides). Don't mangle your trim!

IMG_20220522_072744_hdr~2.jpg

(They look ok from a few feet, and they're actually straight: the camera angle makes them look weird in the pic)

Jembourbe - I am also looking into Lseat and have received the swatch sample. You mentioned that you bought FAUX and it was the same price ($349) as real leather? Did you buy rear jump seat covers also? They seem to be pricey compared to cruisercorps at $189. Thanks for the response. Tim

Jembourbe - I am also looking into Lseat and have received the swatch sample. You mentioned that you bought FAUX and it was the same price ($349) as real leather? Did you buy rear jump seat covers also? They seem to be pricey compared to cruisercorps at $189. Thanks for the response. Tim
Yeah, faux was same price. My car sits outside, and it's not exactly air tight. Given the humidity fluctuations and sun abuse I chose the faux. It's really a nice product. Smells great. Thick: adds a little firmness to the factory padding. I'm sure all of that is true for the leather, too.

I didn't buy the jump seat covers. I agree they're pricey for how simple they are. When I get around to re-doing the jump seats I'll probably go with the less expensive alternative and hope the distance between the jump seats and the front seats is enough that any differences in color will not be noticeable.

I couldn't find anything on mud about how to remove the trim (bezel, whatever) around the holes for the headrest. I butchered mine getting them out, but here's how not to:

Expand them inside the hole where you can see the yellowish tube. The yellowish tube has a ridge on the outside that the trim piece catches at the front and back (not the sides). Don't mangle your trim!

View attachment 3015398

(They look ok from a few feet, and they're actually straight: the camera angle makes them look weird in the pic)
yeah I found that if you pull forward and then up at the same time they will come out fairly easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom