Builds LS80 Build by Back Bay Customs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve been dying to see what the engine cover was going to look like. I could tell something was brewing in earlier posts.

That bay looks CLEAN! (pun intended)
@thatcabledude I had been meaning to thank you for the info regarding the tach that you replied to in a different thread the other day. Thank you! I passed it along to the shop.

Oh it looks soooo clean, not sure if we are painting that engine cover or not. Looks awesome !!!

@thatcabledude I had been meaning to thank you for the info regarding the tach that you replied to in a different thread the other day. Thank you! I passed it along to the shop.

Oh it looks soooo clean, not sure if we are painting that engine cover or not. Looks awesome !!!
I think it looks awesome raw!

Looking good! Are you originally from Portland? I went to Deering.

Edit: Just googled back bay customs - thats like 1/2mi from where I grew up. I used to commute through Morrill's corner everyday.

Looking good! Are you originally from Portland? I went to Deering.

Edit: Just googled back bay customs - thats like 1/2mi from where I grew up. I used to commute through Morrill's corner everyday.
@DaFunky69 Im originally from Oakland (north of Augusta). Ive lived in Portland for 18 years. My house is between Stevens Ave and Forest Ave. Ive owned a business in Portland for 16 years on Forest Ave.

Last week we started the LS80 and man does it sound great. Small details are still being ferreted out, mainly the Toyota tachometer communicating with the GM. Some other wiring work and the LS tuner guy has been dialing her in as well. I'll dare say it's one of the cleanest looking LS swaps around.
View attachment 2223824

I am just so impressed with this swap! Is this everything? The engine bay looks so minimal and so many unnecessary things have been removed, super clean!

Been eight months since last update.

I am just so impressed with this swap! Is this everything? The engine bay looks so minimal and so many unnecessary things have been removed, super clean!
Been eight months since last update.
Yes extremely minimal! Very clean build. I had hoped to finish up the build thread but life got in the way and never got to it. Ill see if I can find the latest pic of the engine bay. I added a winch control box not long ago.

20200805_135533.jpg

Whenever I save up enough cash and my engine blows this would be the route I want to go! A lot of other engine swaps look so clustered. This looks easy to diagnose any future issues and if you have to work on something you’re not going to banging your knuckles on every little thing in the engine bay. Would love to hear how it sounds on startup.

Whenever I save up enough cash and my engine blows this would be the route I want to go! A lot of other engine swaps look so clustered. This looks easy to diagnose any future issues and if you have to work on something you’re not going to banging your knuckles on every little thing in the engine bay. Would love to hear how it sounds on startup.
I'll try to remember to take video of start-up. We were shooting for a conservative exhaust note...it sounds really nice. We did install a cut-out if I feel like turning some heads. The exhaust cut-out was wired to the Antenna Up/Down switch. Nice touch...volume up....volume down. Stainless exhaust, TIG welded, Notch meticulously bent and routed through the frame to keep it from contacting trail debris.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200110110439773_COVER.jpg

I'll try to remember to take video of start-up. We were shooting for a conservative exhaust note...it sounds really nice. We did install a cut-out if I feel like turning some heads. The exhaust cut-out was wired to the Antenna Up/Down switch. Nice touch...volume up....volume down. Stainless exhaust, TIG welded, Notch meticulously bent and routed through the frame to keep it from contacting trail debris.

View attachment 2567990

Just a pure work of art! I am getting to the age where a conservative exhaust note is way more appealing than a loud one haha

This engine bay is nice! Did you just yank the charcoal canister? Where's the power steering reservoir?

Very good quality workmanship…
I’m prepping for an LM7 swap. I’m glad I found your thread.
Got any recent updates on how she’s performing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom