LS400 Steering Wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NKP Garage

Forever Learning
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Does the LS400 steering wheel fit the 95+ FZJ80? I searched and searched and didn't find an answer to this question. So I just went ahead and bit the bullet and bought an LS400 steering wheel that was in good shape and hoped that it would be a direct fit to replace my old worn out steering wheel in the 97 LX450.

To all those wondering, they are identical except for one small thing, and are completely interchangable. Everything bolts up the same, connectors are the same, cruise control lever is the same, and the air bag bolts on the same as well. The color matches exactly too with my brown/tan steering wheel out my LX450.

Pictures of the LX450 steering wheel that came off:
lx450wheel1.JPG

lx450wheel.JPG

Pictures of the LS400 steering wheel that went on:
ls400wheel1.JPG

ls400wheel.JPG

The only difference between them was a rubber block mounted on the LS400 wheel that was not there on the LX450 wheel. It is simply held on by two screws and can be removed if desired. It looks like some sort of vibration dampening device. I opted to leave it on there since it didn't interfere with anything. It is the one circled in red:
ls400wheeldifference.JPG

Hope this helps some folks out there looking at options for steering wheel replacements.

Hmm. So this also means that toyota owners could use the T airbag with the L wheel?

What year Ls400?

91-94 95-97 98-00

If its the 98+ there are quite a few wood options as well

The one that I got is a 95-97 ls400 wheel. But looking at the 98-2000 wheel it is also identical with the addition of a few buttons on the right side. It looks like that button assembly may be removable too. So I don't see that as being a problem.

baktasht: Where did you get your LS400 wheel and how much $$ ?
Thanks

baktasht: Where did you get your LS400 wheel and how much $$ ?
Thanks
Bought it from a junkyard for $90. I see them on ebay all the time to.

SWEET!

what was wrong with your old wheel? i didn't realize that steering wheels went bad.

The one that I got is a 95-97 ls400 wheel. But looking at the 98-2000 wheel it is also identical with the addition of a few buttons on the right side. It looks like that button assembly may be removable too. So I don't see that as being a problem.

If those buttons are for stereo control that would be nice.

what was wrong with your old wheel? i didn't realize that steering wheels went bad.

Look at the pics. My old steering wheel was a bit too worn for my taste

If those buttons are for stereo control that would be nice.

I'm very tempted to get one of the 08-2000 wheels and find out. Might do that in a couple months if I keep this truck for a while

What I would like to find out is whether any of the non-leather Toyota/Lexus wheels would fit/match. I don't really have to have leather and the vinyl ones in my other Toyotas of that vintage have held up much better.

What I would like to find out is whether any of the non-leather Toyota/Lexus wheels would fit/match. I don't really have to have leather and the vinyl ones in my other Toyotas of that vintage have held up much better.

You can find the plastic ones on the poverty pack 80s. My sisters lc has the plastic wheel but it feels like the rubber part has come off the metal wheel.

there are a few threads with people recovering their wheels for cheap. if the buttons for stereo controls off of the ls400 work, then that might be worth it.

Thanks for the info! Did the airbag etc. bolt up exactly the same? Is the diameter the same? Do you think the leather quality is better than your LX's, or about the same ? :hmm:

Sorry , in my excitement I didn't read the first post(all questions answered).:eek:

Thanks for the info! Did the airbag etc. bolt up exactly the same? Is the diameter the same? Do you think the leather quality is better than your LX's, or about the same ? :hmm:
Yup, identical.

As long as the steering wheel allows for you to use the same airbag and bolts up you should be fine. Other wheels from different years with various airbags may fit too, but your air bag may not function correctly if the circuitry is different. Personally I'd just stick with the ones that allow me to use my existing airbag.

Would this work on a 93 LC. Are the 93 the same as the 95-97.

The steering wheel should bolt up, but the wheel is different since the 95-97 have a airbag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom