LS3 to FZJ80 AC conversion help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought an 6.2L LS3 93 FJ80. It's 95% done it runs and drives down the road great but never had the AC set up. Good news is it still has the Land Cruiser AC and the LS pump. I combed through a lot of similar build threads but haven't found really what needs to happen on the AC. Is it as easy as getting some custom Hoses made and wiring in the power? If anybody can help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

As far as I know, yes to custom hoses which any competent A/C shop should be able to fabricate. I would think you could use the wire for the original compressor and splice it into a pigtail like Santech MT0133 which should plug into the GM compressor, and add a ground to the other side of the pigtail.

Here is the AC stuff I used. Cut the ends off the stock lines and used the factory ends that attach to the firewall and condenser. I adapted to the condenser side close to the core support.

-This is all from coldhose.com:

2-feet BH8 (#8 regular barrier hose)
3-feet BH10 (#10 regular barrier hose)
SB3002 12mm to #8 metric straight compression adapter fitting
SB3003 14.5mm to #10 metric straight compression adapter fitting
AA0738-AA0739 Denso 10S17F 10S20F Suction and Discharge Compressor adapters
(be careful on the next parts, there are lots of options for reduced barrier hose, aluminum vs steel, etc)
SB1313-3 45* female o-ring adapter to #10 hose with R134A suction port
SB1322-3 90* female o-ring adapter to #8 hose with R134A discharge port

Buy this tool. It’s awesome.

7B0AA281-8466-47C2-9EB9-1DA8DC7DDE07.jpeg
DD22CF29-BBAC-4982-8507-F0F4C8802079.jpeg

Thanks for the input guys. I'll get to work on this soon. To add to the complication the Land Cruiser is at a buddies house in Austin while I am in Colorado. I'm headed down there in a week and a half to do 3 or 4 days of wrenching then driving it 15 hours back. It will be nice to have AC.

I would also consider this:

My evaporator was plugged full of muck, but cleaned up nicely. I replaced the expansion valve too.

I would also consider this:

My evaporator was plugged full of muck, but cleaned up nicely. I replaced the expansion valve too.
Was just going to suggest this also. May as well while the system is open.

You can cut and weld the alloy lines like any alloy, also if you dont have a tig you can use that s*** you see on line where they are melting it onto coke can's etc . They look like filler rods but you just use a gas torch. That is what a lot of the mobile a/c trucks use as it is quick, easy and effective.

This stuff - Amazon product ASIN B01MQX8QJY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom