Wanted LS to H41/42/55 adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In search of 713027-EK kit from Marks 4WD/Advanced Adapters...

thought somebody might have one they gave up on that they wanted to part with

Located in Bay Area, CA

I have an original Downey 4 speed adapter coming to me, I restore, I re-sale, lemme know.

^^^^^ my original deal fell through, but there are two different Downey 4 speed adapters becoming (or about to become) available here on Mud, keep your eyes peeled. In fact look for the classified ad from "Lifelong40Fan"

I have very limited WiFi access and no phone service for the next 1-3 mo. Could I ask a favor for you to let me know? Currently tdy in a hot dirt hole.

what would be the cost before I ask that?
I’ll have one availible in a few months , it was A h42 mated to a sbc 350 and swapped to a ls 6.0 all holes lineup except 1 no biggie . I’m going to a sm465 so need for it if interested .. $200 it’s Downey bellhousing

I just used a Downey bellhousing to connect a SBC 350 to a 4 speed in my 73 FJ40. I have an LS I’d like to eventually swap in too. Does the Downey bellhousing I used work with an LS too?

Yes, but you will need some other mods. You can use the Chevota clutch you have now, or a new one, but you will have to remove the dowl pins from the LS flywheel, and drill out the mounting holes of your pressure plate to .386" so that your pressure plate pilots/aligns onto the 10mm LS bolts. You will need Advance Adapters 1.707"pilot bearing spacer/adapter #716155 for the LS crank shaft. That should do it unless I've been too far removed to remember other stuff.

Yes, but you will need some other mods. You can use the Chevota clutch you have now, or a new one, but you will have to remove the dowl pins from the LS flywheel, and drill out the mounting holes of your pressure plate to .386" so that your pressure plate pilots/aligns onto the 10mm LS bolts. You will need Advance Adapters 1.707"pilot bearing spacer/adapter #716155 for the LS crank shaft. That should do it unless I've been too far removed to remember other stuff.
Thanks for the quick reply! I’ve got the 4 speed in and it’s working great so far. Down the road I want to put an LS I picked up in it. Hopefully soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom