LS Swap 5.7 transmission issues! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got an 02 5.7 chevy motor im trying to put into my 91 fj80. Caninget that motor to connect to toyota a440 trans? And what adapter do I need? Does it exist? How much$ ? Or what tranny can i get that matches the gearbox with out a 1300$ adapter? Thanks

Not exactly sure what you’re asking but you need an adapter to go from the GM trans to the Toyota transfer case. Mark’s adapters is who most of us use. I don’t believe you can go straight from a GM engine to the Toyota trans...if that’s what you’re asking ?

Not exactly sure what you’re asking but you need an adapter to go from the GM trans to the Toyota transfer case. Mark’s adapters is who most of us use. I don’t believe you can go straight from a GM engine to the Toyota trans...if that’s what you’re asking ?
Yea, from what ive found a 4l80 requires a 1300$ adapter. A 6l80 requires a 700$ adapter. Was hoping someone would know the budget options. I cant get the toyota A440 that i have to the motor so im shopping the tranny too.... but def a little price tag aggrivated.....

The price of the adapter is part of the ‘you gotta pay to play’ as far as the GM swap goes. There is nothing cheap about this swap if you wanna do it right. Have the funds available or don’t do it; s***ty swaps provide no joy !!

The price of the adapter is part of the ‘you gotta pay to play’ as far as the GM swap goes. There is nothing cheap about this swap if you wanna do it right. Have the funds available or don’t do it; s***ty swaps provide no joy !!
So which one do you have?

I have a 4L65e behind my 6.0 LS2 so whatever adapter Marks suggests for that combo is what I have, don’t remember specific part #

I have a 4L65e behind my 6.0 LS2 so whatever adapter Marks suggests for that combo is what I have, don’t remember specific part #
That prob rips !!! Im doing this swap myself and learning as go, guess i wanted the tuition or admission to be payed when i got the motor!!!

What!?
Lol
Sounds like you haven't done much research. A ls swap is a lot of work. Here is the v8 swap thread. That will help you...

No budget options really. Even the marks adapter needs some modifications to the 4wd shifter bracket.

Yes, the fact that Marks still hasn’t sorted that bracket out after all this time is just annoying !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom