LS fuse block help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
Hey folks, I’ve gutted the wiring side of the engine bay and started rerouting wires and rebuilding engine harness and the power harness. Been added on over the years and time for some order.

Questions is the Erod fuse block leaves plenty to be desired, it’s in great shape and not in the mood to rewire a new for what I’m trying to do. It has a water seal on lid but the sides and bottom have gaping drain holes. Granted they set it up to lay horizontal on the platform off the well. But the way I’ve rearranged everything with bus bar for general grounds and hots I was able to go onto the fender nice and tidy. I actually used the hi lift jack brackets for roof and it bolted up perfect. When I put in the fender the drain holes are exposed to water.

I’ve looked everywhere and a few came close but looking for supplier that the fuse block can simply bolt into. Lid, no drains and I’ll punch out the bottom for my cables.

Ideas on direction? Or am I asking for trouble putting on fender? See pics, the spot i, I added a few progress pics cleaning stuff up. , happy Sunday

08FF0AED-F133-4FCF-8893-3A8BD37D0D6F.jpeg

8B8E86B1-AF9E-465B-954C-A21F8C7C441B.jpeg

731BA031-1E88-45B5-98B8-DEF080DC66A7.jpeg

94D5EF89-FED8-4B63-9279-2A1C66DB8BE8.jpeg

Post pictures of the fuse block you have. That sure doesn’t look like an Erod harness to me, they are way nicer then what you have. It looks like you have a cut down used GM engine harness in which case you can do whatever you want with the fuse block, they live in the engine bay of 400k mile express van plumbing trucks

Last edited:
I’d be careful routing anything around that spring that could get pinched. I removed my springs completely and don’t miss them at all

You’d have a pretty hard time completely water proofing the fuse box. Unless your constantly in deep water I say mount it high and forget about it. Use some dielectric grease to seek everything up of you really care

I’d be careful routing anything around that spring that could get pinched. I removed my springs completely and don’t miss them at all
Hey good point on the spring. I eyeballed it and measured the swing radius and should be good. The box will be vertical and will sit flush with edges of the bracket. Outside chance do you if when the hood arm stows are both section stow horizontal or is the sprint slightly up?

I’m ready to pull the spring, just don’t which one fits or do I just go ask bob at autozone?.

happy to report got almost everything off the fuse block and hung 2 buses next to the fuse box. Every positive and negative have a home in a central location. Hey I also found some split cable clamps that have a M8 bolt, took my gauge powe and made the frame rail my cable tray. Everyyos wheee it’s supposed to be now.

thye got an 8 gauge wire running to the heavy duty alternator. Would a 10 gauge do it?

BB0F1E16-DBFF-43C1-9EA5-1D1B892B080C.jpeg

531D24E6-2F18-4509-8E4D-2512C00EE910.jpeg

A6DC09D9-BD5A-4F6B-8CD4-503CC7933F1C.jpeg

15D210A3-62B3-4091-9E0F-7A77F7BD1FD8.jpeg

6C2432CC-6F75-444F-8B5E-62B9375CEA8D.jpeg

Thats a oem gm fuse panel from under the hood of a donor vehicle definitely not an erod package wiring harness/fuse box.
Tommy

Yep. Mount it anywhere , you won’t hurt it. You could have it dragging on the road under the truck and it would probably be fine. A few splish splash puddles won’t do a thing to it

Yep. Mount it anywhere , you won’t hurt it. You could have it dragging on the road under the truck and it would probably be fine. A few splish splash puddles won’t do a thing to it
Perfect, you always come through with something reassuring. Through the process of cleaning up the wiring I found some shortcomings that was probably the minor issues I was having. I think I’ve got it all cut out now. I’ve got a good spot on the fender with a new bracket. I’ll post it when I get it done. Thanks for the help

Thats a oem gm fuse panel from under the hood of a donor vehicle definitely not an erod package wiring harness/fuse box.
Tommy
Last night I went back through the records where the crate engine was purchased from turnkey, I went through the parts list and did not find the fuse box. i’m not sure why they shorted on the fuse box, because he wrote a $25,000 check for the package. Backs up your comment, it does say Packard engineering on it though. At this point I don’t really care because there’s hardly anything going through it and there’s not much to it. All the connections and post are pretty clean so I’m not gonna reinvent the wheel just found a good place to mount.

Same one, it’s not a bad one was just out of sorts. Like 10ga wires suppling signal feed for rpm, the rest of the transplant was the way.

I wish I could dump more wires, only thing I can think is mount it all on a ledge inside the fender, I even found a little u bracket to mount the block to. Came out well. Much better than the before pics here

36012C66-2C6A-4CE1-9B30-C75069DC8CBA.jpeg

43A4B159-73FE-4F54-B7BD-6BA90589A73C.jpeg

5705FA64-17CC-49D5-8C18-DB08883469C7.jpeg

F4178254-7432-4119-AB92-C6627A3D744A.jpeg

A335B7D5-1F08-4FD6-81AF-D75AA04A37BC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom