LS fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,
I have no plans to start a fuel pump war just relaying what I think is good information. I just had a conversation with Chris at Walbrofuelpumps.com. He said they make a fuel pump specifically for the LS engine/FJ62 tank. Here is the link. and I will post the transcript of our conversation.
Walbro TCA324HP High Performance Fuel Pump Kit from Fuel-Pumps.net

David:
Hi,
I am looking for an in tank pump that produces the 58 psi an LS motor needs. I am putting a GM 5.3 engine in an
80s landcruiser and want to use your pump in the stock module.
Call accepted by operator Chris. Currently in room: Chris.
Chris:
Thanks for writing, David. What year is the Landcruiser?
David:
1988 FJ62. Do you have a repair kit that has the pump, sock and electrical pigtail?
Chris:
Let's see. One moment.
Chris:
The OE replacement pump for that Landcruiser is called a TCA324. We sell a version with the 255 LPH
high-pressure capable pump called the TCA324HP.
Chris:
It includes all of the components you need to install this on your Landcruiser. Cost is $142.25 delivered.
David:
What is the pressure rating?
Chris:
It is more than adeqate for your LS engine. Well over 58 PSI
Chris:
This pump/kit is specifically designed for what you are doing.
David:
Sorry for the skepticism Chris, no reflection on you.
Chris:
That's because they are dealing with other distributors who don't know what they are talking about.
David:
Ha!
Chris:
WalbroFuelPumps.Com is only one of our websites, actually. Let me send you a link to another: http://www.fuelpumps.
net/tca324hp.html
Chris:
That is the _exact_ fuel pump kit for your application.
David:
So the TCA342HP will fit into the stock pump module?
Chris:
The pump in the picture is the OE pump but we replace it with a Walbro 255 LPH pump that is the same size. We
include a harness pigtail to connect to the 255 LPH pump.
David:
So easy.
Chris:
If this doesn't work perfectly for you then send it back and I'll give you your money back. But if it does work
perfectly then I expect every Landcruiser dude on the face of the planet to be coming to us buying that fuel pump.
Chris:
(But that is up to you to let them know!)
David:
You have no idea. Wow. I will do that now. My swap begins in three weeks. Is that one in
stock now? And it's a genuine Walbro?
Chris:
Genuine Walbro, in stock now.
David:
Chris, you made my day. Thanks.
Chris:
Glad you stopped by. Let me know how I can be of further assistance, David. Have a great day.
David:
You too.

1 of 1 4/21/16, 10:57 AM

Last edited:
Very cool. Now let's see if it's really true.

TCA324HP ordered and tank pulled... let’s see what happens.

930B73DE-F8A5-48BF-9075-DCBA4379BA3F.jpeg

I’m about to swap 5.3 into my FZJ80, and the fuel pressure question came up. How did it go for you, cruisermatt?

I'm running a 1FZ pump now. The Walbro I got from them was DOA. Hook up your 80 series fuel lines to your 5.3 and party. Get fuel rails with a return fitting and run a manual FPR in your return line back to the tank.

I'm running a 1FZ pump now. The Walbro I got from them was DOA. Hook up your 80 series fuel lines to your 5.3 and party. Get fuel rails with a return fitting and run a manual FPR in your return line back to the tank.
Thanks for your fast response. Doing a 5.3 swap and wanted to get the fuel pressure right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom