LS Fuel Pressure Issue High Hot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would say if it holds +50psi after shutdown then the regulator is failing. I think the pump is probably junk

Get yourself a nice Denso pump. Skip all that Walbro autozone trash
I heard the same thing on the Granatelli and zeal to.

please explain how a electric pump submerged in liquid gasoline could get vapor locked (it can't)

Ok on the swap i did everything was good for a while customer drove it home. Couple months go by he calls and said it ran out of gas and asked sbout the fuel sending unit. I let him know it was replaced with a brand new oem unit from mr t along with almost every part on thw whole truck basically frame off resto mod. I said the sending unit may be off some with the calibration of the new speed hut gauges. Meanwhile the 60 sat for a while then fired up and limped to gas station got gas but mentioned it wasn't empty. Back up and going no problems. He ordered a new tanks inc floatless sending unit and installed it himself he lived about 3to 4 hrs away i offered to do the work free of charge he opted out of that so i hels his hand over the phone. Then happened again he self diagnosed it and said he thought it was the throttle body this also was a brand new part and no (codes) remember this. Truck sat for a while while changing part out once part was on it fired up and back to normal. The 60 wasn't his dd just a toy so he didn't drive it much then his wife said he had to many vehicles he didn't drive so he sold his restored 67 chevelle you don't even want to hear everything that was done to that thing not by me but badass car wife would have gone first what landcruiser anyways both were sold.

New paragraph New owner this dude don't giva a **** buys the landcruiser and tales off driving all over the country. Same s*** again but in the middle of nowhere and NO CODES!? So the new owner knows less mechanical than the last .i swear younger generation needs to take auto mechanic class in high school not you @cruisermatt you get a pass . So he finds a shop in the middle of nowhere i say change out the fuel pressure regulator and also look into the tank knowing that the por 15 tank sealer. Shop was little help bit did change out the fpr after I got the owner to get the part from the auto parts store the shop was so hung up on the swap they didn't know what was what tild him it would take a week to get bull**** go to auto parts store here is part number BAM. They hook it up wrong then no start. Explained to them they had lines swapped at the regulator they said no SWITCH THEM! Starts up I say run!! He takes off everything is good. Then guess what it does it again NO CODES see the pattern here at this point the 60 was 2500 3000 miles away from me thia continues to happen over and over. I had aaid from the beginning that the tank may need to be dropped and taken a look at. Bit he couldn't do it and had a schedule he waa on driving all over the place so OK. NO CODES finally he has a brake in hia schedule and is in Colorado. I SAYTAKE IT TO A LANDCRUISER SPECIFIC SHOP!! He agreed takes it there and same ahit so coaght up in a swapped truck they started to fail I spoke with them and explained better lingo than him let them know about the in tankfuel pump module and the por15 tank sealer ao theu did a brake adjustment and dropped the tank the sealer had been falling off the tank at a certain fuel level and covering the pickup sock in the tank and cutting off fuel supply and NO CODES!! So check your damn fuel pump and do not rule it out just because its new or 18 months old the build i did was less than that!
Good luck
Tommy

The short cycle is when it leans out at idle, it’ll kick on and can hear it. When I start it it’ll run for 2 second and stop and don’t hear after that. Only time I’ve heard it is when it leans and tries to die or prime to start. I’ll check the supply line to the filter on the end of the vent line
If the engine is turning, the fuel pump should be running constantly until the engine stops or you turn the key off. If you see the pressure start to die down, then physically hear the pump kick back on and see the pressure come up - either the pump is failing, or you have an electrical issue causing the pump to drop power.

You need to get a test light or multimeter hooked up at the back with the fuel pump wiring to see what's going on.

As @Lead Head is saying pump gets full power not power as needed thats what the fpr is for no on and off then low power then full power not how this system works. Check the fuel pump! Wiring to the pump wiring at the pump wiring at the relay for the pump use a multimeter you should be getting the same or real damn close to the same voltage at the pump and its wiring as you are getting at the battery.

Update, blew air back to tank from front metal tube that goes to evap. Cleared it runs like a top. I have some more work to do but will get me home. Thanks for the patience and input
So the system that you disconnected is causing the problem? Not venting? Not venting the tank? Is that the only vent for the fuel tank?

Wait did you stsrt a thread a while back ago about a e-rod harness and problems? And we said it wasn't an e-rod harness? Was that you or someone else?

Update, blew air back to tank from front metal tube that goes to evap. Cleared it runs like a top.

No idea what any of this even means but I’m glad it seemed to work :lol:

Why is everyone so angry? After about 500 miles since a cruiser guy messaged me and talked to me like a human he offered a fix. I know you guys are passionate but remember you didn’t just show up one day and know everything. I appreciate everyone offering input. I and discouraged how aggressive everyone is. I want to learn and will understand more as I go but calling people stupid doesn’t pass the torch. So chill everyone😉

Specifics was I took to filter off the tub at the firewall and pumped a bit of air in it with cap off. Started it, fuel trim is spot on for last 24 hours. Problem came up yesterday at 3000agl, I’ve been to 10,000, back to 5000, now camped at Red Rock south of White Sands with off road idling all day. I don’t think this is the end of the story but I’m grateful someone stopped asked me questions and didn’t book end that with you’re a dumb ass and close with IMHO, gave me specific instructions what to go try. Thanks

Last edited:
Here’s the scan just before and pretty much all day

94F60868-1B6C-4F69-B9F6-8413CD0CA2B6.png

3DFF7637-5C7D-4814-A5B9-CC276EDBA91E.png

F1E5198F-F574-49F0-8D06-01D827E499A4.jpeg

EB1DB6EB-B6C8-4FF2-80E2-C9634436A5AE.jpeg

please explain how a electric pump submerged in liquid gasoline could get vapor locked (it can't)
cruiser mechanic messaged me and said any return fuel could vapor lock pump due to lowered boil point from altitude. Not necessarily my issue but to your point

cruiser mechanic messaged me and said any return fuel could vapor lock pump due to lowered boil point from altitude. Not necessarily my issue but to your point

Ok dude, I'm glad you got your truck moving again but just saying, if you have fuel boiling, you are driving a bomb not a Land cruiser :lol:

Why is everyone so angry? After about 500 miles since a cruiser guy messaged me and talked to me like a human he offered a fix. I know you guys are passionate but remember you didn’t just show up one day and know everything. I appreciate everyone offering input. I and discouraged how aggressive everyone is. I want to learn and will understand more as I go but calling people stupid doesn’t pass the torch. So chill everyone😉

Specifics was I took to filter off the tub at the firewall and pumped a bit of air in it with cap off. Started it, fuel trim is spot on for last 24 hours. Problem came up yesterday at 3000agl, I’ve been to 10,000, back to 5000, now camped at Red Rock south of White Sands with off road idling all day. I don’t think this is the end of the story but I’m grateful someone stopped asked me questions and didn’t book end that with you’re a dumb ass and close with IMHO, gave me specific instructions what to go try. Thanks
I called no one stupid and not aggressive at all but yea i ( chill out ) i would suggest you do the same. Its way easier to diagnose a problem on something when your there not getting my trucks not working please help me wa wa wa over the internet believe me we were trying to help but yoi yourself have an attitude. Its not ourfault your s***s not right so you chill out bud bot going to get help that way. Like @cruisermatt said glad you truck is up and going good lick from here on out.
Later
Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom