LS-1 engine and transmission mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apologies for the simplistic nature of this question, but: I need some part numbers for adjustable engine mounts (if there are such things) to put an LQ4 6.0l into a 1995 FZJ80. I also need a transmission mount which will accommodate a 4l80 transmission mated to a stock transfer case.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice and information.

Apologies for the simplistic nature of this question, but: I need some part numbers for adjustable engine mounts (if there are such things) to put an LQ4 6.0l into a 1995 FZJ80. I also need a transmission mount which will accommodate a 4l80 transmission mated to a stock transfer case.

Google is your friend

Yeah, I'm on that.
Anyone else who has any pithy obvious comments, please hold off. I'm short on time with too many irons in the fire, or else I wouldn't have asked.

Well there is no adjustable motor or tranny mounts I found some it was so easy Advanced adapters tried to give you a link but could not

Well there is no adjustable motor or tranny mounts I found some it was so easy Advanced adapters tried to give you a link but could not
I was considering Advanced Adapters and Mark's 4WD. I've used AA before on a FJ40 build. Their stuff is dear (expensive) but it's also the best. Thank you for the info.

I believe AA & Marks are the same product(s). AA is the importer of Marks products. Is AA does not have the adapter in stock, stateside, it may be faster to deal directly with Marks.

One of the two of them, is the only source for the Chevy/Tcase adapter. The adapter should put the Tcase back into the original position

I’ve heard mixed results with the engine mounts they offer. Some speculate, they were designed for RHD applications, and introduce additional fitment issuses.

I used Dirty Dingo, universal hot rod mounts.

I believe AA & Marks are the same product(s). AA is the importer of Marks products. Is AA does not have the adapter in stock, stateside, it may be faster to deal directly with Marks.

One of the two of them, is the only source for the Chevy/Tcase adapter. The adapter should put the Tcase back into the original position

I’ve heard mixed results with the engine mounts they offer. Some speculate, they were designed for RHD applications, and introduce additional fitment issuses.

I used Dirty Dingo, universal hot rod mounts.
Thank you for taking the time to answer this.

Happy to offer opinions, but a swap is a long expensive undertaking, only made longer and more expensive with hasty decisions

Good luck

Yeah, I'm on that.
Anyone else who has any pithy obvious comments, please hold off. I'm short on time with too many irons in the fire, or else I wouldn't have asked.
well i am going to give you a crap one anyways... how about the sticky at the top of the forum that is devoted entirely to V8 swaps? seems like a great place to start to me.

Firstly, you might wanna post in the 80’s V8 swap section; you might get more eyeballs on the subject ?

That being said, I used the Dirty Dingo mounts. Not totally ‘plug-n-play’ but they seemed like the best without too many mods and cutting....although I did cut, re-profile and re-weld. Ad far as I know, there are no kits that are totally ‘plug-n-play’.

Regards,

Firstly, you might wanna post in the 80’s V8 swap section; you might get more eyeballs on the subject ?

That being said, I used the Dirty Dingo mounts. Not totally ‘plug-n-play’ but they seemed like the best without too many mods and cutting....although I did cut, re-profile and re-weld. Ad far as I know, there are no kits that are totally ‘plug-n-play’.

Regards,
Thank you!

Happy to offer opinions, but a swap is a long expensive undertaking, only made longer and more expensive with hasty decisions

Good luck

I'm currently working towards a 5.3/4L60/Atlas swap.
I'd like to hear some of the things you'd do differently if you were to do another swap.
Different parts? From who?
What didn't work?
Thank you for your knowledge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom