LRA tank owners with EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I installed the LRA tank in the 60 with the 2FE, I just modified the stock 3FE fuel pump/bracket I was running with the stock FJ 62 tank I was replacing . It was just a matter of tack welding on the extension , and extending the wiring and hose. All bits included with the FJ 62 LRA tank.View attachment 2210712
As already stated, the important part is matching the pump to the EFI's needs.
If you don't have the nla fj62 fuel pump module your s.o.l and finding a used one is $$$

I ran a forty gallon tank in my FJ60 with a Ramjet. A frame mounted fuel pump would constantly overheat stranding me on the roadside until the pump cooled off.

I had an in-tank fuel pump installed and never an issue. I never gave cutting a hole in the tank a thought.

Last edited:
This one has the baffle in the tank I'll get a pic for you tomorrow
Here is the outside of the 62 version long range tank where the fuel pump and sock sit in. Already posted a pick from the inside in previous post.
Tommy

20200214_123051.jpg

20200214_123058.jpg

Does the 62 version come with a module itself or just the same hole a 62 tank would and you supply the fuel pump assembly ?

Comes with a hole and a bracket to extend the oem 62 fuel pump module and a little piece of metal to extend the fuel sending unit arm.
Tommy

I did the 62 LR tank with the bracket and pump from Manafree.. I read that the 62 pump wouldn't supply enough pressure for the Sniper, so I cut off the foot on the "L" of the bracket and zip tied on the Walbro. It works great. Cutting the hole and installing a trap door to access your pump assembly from Tanks Inc is highly recommended. The hardest part of the whole job was installing the filler neck tube.

I did the 62 LR tank with the bracket and pump from Manafree.. I read that the 62 pump wouldn't supply enough pressure for the Sniper, so I cut off the foot on the "L" of the bracket and zip tied on the Walbro. It works great. Cutting the hole and installing a trap door to access your pump assembly from Tanks Inc is highly recommended. The hardest part of the whole job was installing the filler neck tube.
Not a problem if you replace the old hard a$$ filler tube new one is nice and flexible lol

First fill up on LRA... $107.20, 37.4 gallons. Rear isn't squatting, I'm happy. Tank tucks up there nicely. I was worried it would hang too low. Also, the truck seems to handles better in slow situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom