LRA Tank holes do not match Toyota fuel pump mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I could use some help. I purchased a LRA tank for my FJ62. The holes in the LRA tank do not match the Toyota factory fuel pump mount. Has anyone else had this problem? LRA is recommending that I drill more holes in the mount to match their tank. I'm wondering why the holes were drilled in their location if the tank was tailored to an FJ62?
Picture1.jpg

Well if you could figure out what fuel pump pickup unit it’s drilled for you could just buy that or find a used one.

I personally wouldn’t want to drill it either but that is the easiest solution.

Cheers

Well if you could figure out what fuel pump pickup unit it’s drilled for you could just buy that or find a used one.

I personally wouldn’t want to drill it either but that is the easiest solution.

Cheers
That is a good idea and one that my buddies and I have considered. The truck is on the rack at Toyota and I really need to have a solution that gets it out of there soon.

Did they bend the fuel lines on the fuel pump module to fit the channel in the tank thats how the one i have here was done to get the holes to line up but i have switched it to something else no longer a Toyota fuel pump module.

Ok - so I resolved the issue. The plate welded into the tank was rotated about 90 degrees from where it needed to be to coincide with the fuel pump housing. I was able to use a smaller rotation of about 5 degrees to fit 6 of the 7 hole locations. It did require slight bending of the fuel lines. I drilled another hole in the housing so I matched all 7 and I filled the empty hole with permatex metal filler.

Ok - so I resolved the issue. The plate welded into the tank was rotated about 90 degrees from where it needed to be to coincide with the fuel pump housing. I was able to use a smaller rotation of about 5 degrees to fit 6 of the 7 hole locations. It did require slight bending of the fuel lines. I drilled another hole in the housing so I matched all 7 and I filled the empty hole with permatex metal filler.
This is what i was talking about

is the LRA tank larger and or deeper? or is it similar to OEM dimensions?
if deeper wouldn't you need a "deeper" fuelpump assembly?
what about the fuel level sending unit?

is the LRA tank larger and or deeper? or is it similar to OEM dimensions?
if deeper wouldn't you need a "deeper" fuelpump assembly?
what about the fuel level sending unit?
LRA provides a kit that addresses all the fitting issues. In my case, the problem was the hole pattern was rotated 90 degrees when the LRA tank was fabricated. LRA and Cruiser Brothers worked very hard to address this and even do the fix themselves and pay for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom