LPG set up and what carby to use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I just bought a FJ55 2F with a LPG set up(Think you guys go by Propane) with Holly carb and extracters for cheap to swaping parts (LPG) to my Fj45,
The Q is what Holly is it and is it worth swaping into my FJ with the LPG, I`m not really looking for more horse power just better fuel econamy, LP dosn`t exist anymore here in AU ULP is $1.25Litre at the cheapest :eek:
carby1.JPG
craby2.JPG
carby3.JPG

4BGaz said:
OK, I just bought a FJ55 2F with a LPG set up(Think you guys go by Propane) with Holly carb and extracters for cheap to swaping parts (LPG) to my Fj45,
The Q is what Holly is it and is it worth swaping into my FJ with the LPG, I`m not really looking for more horse power just better fuel econamy, LP dosn`t exist anymore here in AU ULP is $1.25Litre at the cheapest :eek:

It's hard to tell they all look alike the model number is stamped on the carb somewhere in the front (facing the front of the LC)
it looks like it could be a 4412s or 4412c

looks to be astandard 350 cfm holly carb with some funky bowl setup.

Piece of cake to replace.

Keep the oem carb. You sohuld be able to get a small mixer to suit.
This will allow you to keep the std air cleaner - you will need to drill some new holes in the barrel to lift it about 1" to suit.

article

4wd magazine had an article in it a short time back about propane set up in a toyota. you might try looking there. RG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom