LPB Rescue: Leave no LPB behind.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oregongrain.com
Picked up a project 45LPB on the side of a mountain last night. A quick spy photo. Poor quality picture..
lpb813.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see that you care, I envy you......more than you know. ;)

I've been searching farily aggresively high and low in my area (3 states & 2 provicences in Canada) for a 45 lwb. I want to get one lined up for the next project.

Good luck and have fun :)

Matt

Thanks Matt. Just finished pressure washing the new rig. Pretty damn original!

I will keep my eyes peeled in washington. I know of two in Central Washington that are still used today as apple orchard trucks. They move irrigation equipment and smudgepots.and they also have a cool brand logo on each door. I can't get the owner to budge he loves them...I even tried trading 2 newer trucks for the two LPBs.

couple more

lpb813b.jpg

lpb813c.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats,Very nice find.Looks like you had to you the tow bar from your 45,Not the spare you had in the bed.That is way cool.It did need a home with it's famly around,and your place covers that.I'm printing the 45 to 45 poser shot for the wall right now.All the best Rob

very cool :) can you drop it at my place please? :D

1FE pig said:
Congrats,Very nice find.Looks like you had to you the tow bar from your 45,Not the spare you had in the bed.That is way cool.It did need a home with it's famly around,and your place covers that.I'm printing the 45 to 45 poser shot for the wall right now.All the best Rob

Thanks Rob! I actually had to swap bumpers to get it to work. The tow points on the new 45 were longer. I'm glad I had extra hardware I snapped every bolt taking the old bumper off. I'm still lobbying for your FJ55 for best in show at cruiser days..

Very cool, what are the plans for it?

Was the ZZ Top-bearded dude the previous owner?

Very nice, Was that the 45 on E-bay?

Yes it was. I was second in line ;)

Owyhee Jackass said:
Very cool, what are the plans for it?

Was the ZZ Top-bearded dude the previous owner?

Going to refurbish it. Not a total restoration, but close enough. I already have a nice 45, so not sure what exactly to do.

A) Restore it back to stock. (have 85% of all the parts for it)
B) Restore it with a 2F 5 Speed and SOA :)
C) Part it out..kidding..

Yes the old ZZ top dude was the second owner and owned it since 1992.

I vote for B.

65-fj45 said:
I vote for c, I need the bed :D
Wish I was closer to the one J W resto's sold on e bay,It was short .Then the cab and lv donor frame I have would worked,bj45 clone,Yee haa I'm there.
Bull ;When will the thread of the SOA 2f fj45 build start.We know the wheels are turning,you know you want twins.It's not realy crossing over to the dark side if the parts say toyota on them.But what do I know,if I won lotto Retro cruiser would be mine.And it's stock kinda.

1FE,

Wheels are always turning! I degreased the F motor and engine compartment yesterday. The stock color looks to be lily white. This somewhat bummed me out.. I like the 2 tone look on the LPBs. I may go colorado beige or twilight grey.

attachment.php

2 tone on a LPB? not that I know of. LV.........yes 2 tone

bull said:
1FE,

Wheels are always turning! I degreased the F motor and engine compartment yesterday. The stock color looks to be lily white. This somewhat bummed me out.. I like the 2 tone look on the LPBs. I may go colorado beige or twilight grey.

attachment.php

yeah but its not correct for the year :)

I agree though the white top looks better then body colored

bull said:
Yes the LPB :flipoff2: Notice the spring green with white top..2 tone. ;p If I go lily white I won't get the snazzy white top.

sunset004.jpg

Hell, I'd just load up the gun racks, start growing my beard and drive it like it is...that's how I roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom