LowRange Offroad 8" high pinion complete 3rd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any experience with this puppy? Sorry if it has been covered before, but I've spent the last week researching on the interwebz and when you google "trail gear" a lot of extraneous results return.

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/yota.../detroit-and-arb-high-pinion-3rd-members.html

I'm looking at a regear and to add lockers while I have my whole whole front end torn down. Had talked to a lot of local driveline guys and best price I could find was $280 a side to rebuild/regear/install lockers on a 3rd I pulled myself. So, the way I looked at it was...$1040 ARB, $250 gears, $130 install kit, $280 labor = $1700 +tax +my time to drive to the other side of town (twice) +maybe some shipping. The lowrange kit is on sale for $1350 shipped to my house and ready to drop in, "+ deferred tax." And my tax rate is 2.5% when stuff is shipped to me, compared to going to a store in Denver and getting hit up for 7-8%.

So, for saving $350 (plus I'll have a front diff to sell if I want to), I think it might be worth the risk? I know there is just a 1 year warranty....and I just want a mountain truck to get me around the southwest here, enough to want the front locker, but not looking to seriously wheel in Moab (unless there is a sweet hike on the other side). But, everything I've read points to a proper setup being more critical than the components themselves. So, I'll check everything out before I drop in to ensure lowrange did a decent job.

research also turned up the trail-gear are rebranded yukons? perhaps a "circle k" will show up on my front door....

Any one have experience with this front diff? Am I glutton for punishment?

Will post pics and experience.

Everything I've got from them has been timely shipped and accurate. From little brake fittings to 5.29s. A lot of stuff drop ships, gears wee from nitro/ just diffs.

I keep shopping there w no issues.

Looks like the entire front diff is being shipped directly from Fresno, CA and not Utah Valley. I can only assume this means it is coming directly from Trail Gear....

You sure it's not marlin? They are but 5 blocks away from each othereach other

Makes it convenient for Trail Fail to steal more ideas.

Lol.

So far I've gotten parts from low range from them(brake fittings), thru them: nitro(drop shipped gears), marlin(drop shipped spartan locker) and trailgear(drop shipped winch rope). They are quick and email confirms order imediately and then tracking numbers one/two days later. They correspond to written inquiry emails quickly too(I needed pinion shims and they weren't on the website but got them for me via nitro). Pretty much shopping there for everything currently.

You sure it's not marlin? They are but 5 blocks away from each othereach other

When I called low range to talk about their diff, I was told everything was trail gear (except ARB locker of course). Also coincides with trail gears' "summer blowout" with 15% off (which is the deal being run by lowrange as well). Can't believe they took 15% off all of it, as some of it has to be coming out of the ARB as well.

Got the 3rd last night. I know exactly nothing about this stuff other than what I have read on the interwebz.

IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0600.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0598.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom