lowest gears for a fj 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a new 60 owner and would like to know what is the lowest gears I can go with and do I have to turn axle for a SOA. thanks this site is the best thing in the world.
Clay

read the sticky!

welcome. what year 60 do you have? current gearing? lift and tires?

Pics?

I'd look at the sticky to start, but here's some info as well.

Toybox (i guess currently not available) - adds another stick/tc for 2 more lower sets. Different options available as for gearing.

R+P (what i am thinking of doing) - stock 3.70 (or is it 3.73?) on a 60 - pick what you want ($$!) 4.11, 4.56, 4.88, 5.29 etc.

Also - check out Man-a-fre.com and - they have some lower gearsets for your transfer case (tc) - very spendy, but no driveline/mounts modification needed.

HTH - GL!

oh almost forgot :flipoff2: (official mud noob welcome)

rob

You should come by.

lowest axle gearing would be 529's but the lowest total gearing depends on what your willing to do. Mine has got a low range of 180 to 1 :hmm:but its a trailer queen ... axle ratio is what I think your askin about and with a stock 4 spd "I" think 4.10 for 33's, 456 for 35's, 488 for 37's and 529 are for over 38's ... for steet/trail cruiser ... I have heard the 529 have small pinons and are weeker so I went 456's and went lower tranny and dubla gears. but everyones need are different

man I really appreciate everyone response to any question put on here. 4.88's is probably what I will go with. they worked out pretty good for my old jeep. now to figure out the doubler t-case? Any suggestions? thanks to everyone that has responded
MUDD NOOB
CLAY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom