lowering stock seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced the original seat cushion with the SOR pad and used the cruiser corp upholstery. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and the seat is really pretty comfortable. I'm finding the new driving position is about 2 inches too high, though. I have to duck to see under the window and windshield frames and my head is brushing the ceiling.

Anyone have a good way of lowering the seat?

You would have to cut down and rework the front body side seat horn bracket. While also changing the rear bracket ( on the seat side) since the rear is mounted to the floor. I would guess you could bring the whole thing down maybe 2-3”

Some folks are reporting that the SOR foam settles quite a bit, so I would wait before doing anything serious. How long ago did you get yours in?

Now that I’m thinking about it you might also be able to french both front/rear seat side mounts to gain maybe 1-1.5” ?? Without having to change the body mounts

Some folks are reporting that the SOR foam settles quite a bit, so I would wait before doing anything serious. How long ago did you get yours in?
Good to know..I just did mine so I'll give it a road trip or two.

how is your legroom?
wondering if you could lengthen the sliders to the rear which would also lower a bit

I would definitely wait and let them settle. Initially my seats were super tall and very firm but they broke in nicely and lowered quite a bit.

I did mine long enough ago that I can tell you it does not settle enough...I am 6'1" and I touch my head if I sit up straight. There have been lots of threads on this. I have seen someone take the cushion back out and actually cut out a couple inches of the cushion from the bottom to make it shorter. In addition, they drilled some holes in it to make it less firm. I will probably skip the hold drilling but plan to pull mine off and shave it down from the bottom to get me a couple inches back. Other than that I love mine. I was in the soggiest worn out ones before that had me sliding out of my seats before I swapped them out. Guessing will take me a couple hours to complete. I have extra hog rings and the tool to put them back on.

I did mine long enough ago that I can tell you it does not settle enough...I am 6'1" and I touch my head if I sit up straight. There have been lots of threads on this. I have seen someone take the cushion back out and actually cut out a couple inches of the cushion from the bottom to make it shorter. In addition, they drilled some holes in it to make it less firm. I will probably skip the hold drilling but plan to pull mine off and shave it down from the bottom to get me a couple inches back. Other than that I love mine. I was in the soggiest worn out ones before that had me sliding out of my seats before I swapped them out. Guessing will take me a couple hours to complete. I have extra hog rings and the tool to put them back on.
Are you calling me fat? ;)

Are you calling me fat? ;)
Ha...trust me, I should be able to "settle" a seat. Mine really bothers me when I have a cap on, because even slouched a bit I rub the headliner. Gonna shave mine downs soon and will report back. Probably have to do the passenger side too because now my son wants to drive it when we go on trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom