Lowering seat height on aftermarket (Corbeau) seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My seats are too high

I'm 6'2" and my huntin' buddies are about the same. One guy is 6'4". We're having to break our necks trying to look up at hillsides.

My aftermarket seats in my 80 are Corbeau. Fun fact, my rig and seats are actually in this video, of Dirt Every Day fame.

I am thinking to remove the lower seat cushion, remove the leather, then slice an inch of foam off the bottom. The seat's pretty thick so should still be comfy. I'll do the passenger side first, to test it.

Any holes in my fiendish plan?

20200602_154806.jpg

20200602_154926.jpg

20200602_154934.jpg

20200602_154813.jpg

20200602_154959.jpg

My seats are too high

I'm 6'2" and my huntin' buddies are about the same. One guy is 6'4". We're having to break our necks trying to look up at hillsides.

My aftermarket seats in my 80 are Corbeau. Fun fact, my rig and seats are actually in this video, of Dirt Every Day fame.

I am thinking to remove the lower seat cushion, remove the leather, then slice an inch of foam off the bottom. The seat's pretty thick so should still be comfy. I'll do the passenger side first, to test it.

Any holes in my fiendish plan?

View attachment 2327921

View attachment 2327924

View attachment 2327925

View attachment 2327927

View attachment 2327929
I w

I want to know how well the brackets fit on your Corbeau seats? Are you able to move the seat farther bacK? I'm 5'10" and was looking at the Corbeau seats and mounts. I'm not a huge fan of the stock LX450 seats I have. I need better comfort and want to be able to move them farther back. Can you give me some feedback other than they are too tall for you.

I want to know how well the brackets fit on your Corbeau seats? Are you able to move the seat farther bacK? I'm 5'10" and was looking at the Corbeau seats and mounts. I'm not a huge fan of the stock LX450 seats I have. I need better comfort and want to be able to move them farther back. Can you give me some feedback other than they are too tall for you.
The seats move back plenty far. Corbeau sells complete sliding mounts that work excellent. I'd be surprised if it moved further or was more comfortable than stock LX450 seats tho...

Last edited:
Interesting! They do indeed make brackets for the 80 TLC:

And they fit Corbeau seats:

Apparently the only difference between them and the Corbeau seat brackets are that the Planted ones are tougher. So I doubt they'd be lower.

I'm going to go with my original plan to take the lower seat cushions out, shave an inch or two of foam off the bottom and see if that works.

What about the Planted Seat Brackets ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom