Lowering Bumpstops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mntoyx4.com
I need to lower the bumpstops on my 60. I don't know how much yet. I'm hoping I can use my floor jack to cycle the suspension high enough to stuff the wheel. Right now under certain circumstances, the wheel is being stuffed enough in the wheel well to limit forward progress due to rubbing, not to mention cutting my tires. I would appreciate any ideas as I'm not really sure how to attack this.

TIA

for testing, simply take the stock ones off, and add some washers/longer bolts and flex it up....once you've got a feeling on the distance needed, then use some square tube, box it in, and make a custom extention bracket.

Thanks woody. I'm hoping I can buy something more or less bolt on, for better or worse. BTB has some for FJ40's, any consensus on if these will work on a 60?

http://store.btbprod.com/cgi-bin/btbprod.storefront

40-4145x.jpg

not sure on how yours mount, but I run front stops like those...and there are plenty of cheaper sources and options than BTB. ;)

I'll bet you can make/weld up a pair of easy spacers for $10 total....

Damn straight! I don't think I'll get around to it this season tho. I'm gonna trim just a bit from the front fenders, and trim the back as much as I can, which isn't much because of the rear doors. Then some 1" bigger shackles, and I'll easily fit 35's SUA. SOA will have to wait until I have the money to do it right.

That you Steve?

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=6074;start=msg48872#msg48872 date=1065658230]
Break out the sawzall!

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/html/index.html
[/quote]

[quote author=7FootYeti link=board=1;threadid=6074;start=msg48943#msg48943 date=1065668865]

That you Steve?
[/quote]

Yes.

down

raised the front with 2" springs and the same with the shackles ,seeing I am using 35" tyres I lowered the stops with steel box 1"x1 1/4 best thing I have done ,stoped the rubbing staight away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom