SOLD Lowered asking price again 7/31/19..Suffolk County, NY; 1984 LC FJ60- $2800 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update: since I really need to sell this thing I'm chopping the price big time. I know it needs a whole bunch of bodywork, but overall is a great truck.

If someone for example has NO trucks and they want to learn and put love into a rig without spending a ton, this completely stock 60 could be for you!

I'm selling my 1984 Land Cruiser FJ60. It comes with the ready-to- assemble (original to truck)Aisan carb and an installed new fuel pump. Truck runs great. Clutch, transfer case, and axles are fine.

The truck has rust. Nothing structural, though it will most definitely need a roof skin. It has about 7 holes. Quarter, rocker, and cargo floor edge. Quarter dog legs good. Doors good. Top of the roof on passenger side pictured is dirt from under a roof rack that was there- not rot. Frame is sound. Needs a rear bumper. Tailgate bottom is gone. Upper hatch is surface rust, no holes. Window flange there is perfect.

It has a Smittybilt front and rear bumper. The rear one is rotted on the left end. Tires are older, but have decent tread.

Truck is totally original with no mods, all smog equipment, etc. Interior is very good. Just the cargo area carpet is shot. Seats are not even torn. They have these serious seat covers that look like OEM or better thickness of material.

She needs some love, but only has 182, 833k. This could be a great rig for someone to restore for many years of enjoyment. Hard to find up here, especially one with South of 200k miles.

20181007_164605.jpg

20180831_173906.jpg

20190407_104245_HDR.jpg

20190204_165835.jpg

20190204_165843.jpg

Last edited:
and more. Please ask any questions.

20190204_170017.jpg

20190204_165809.jpg

20190204_165748.jpg

20190204_165703.jpg

20180831_175728.jpg

perhaps. Well, I'm not the type who gets my feelings hurt- so if anyone out there wants more info, photos, etc and wants a 60 to work on---please feel free to ask away, and tell me what YOU would offer. I'd love to keep it, but have just too much going on. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Ttt...any interest or offers welcomed

Pricing... Your asking price is very high for the level of rust that this truck has. The areas that are bad are many and the repair process for those areas is difficult. Pictures of the underside are important too. But if I were making an offer I wouldn't go above $2500. Too many nicer trucks out there in the ball park of your asking price that have no rust issues.

***$2500 makes the assumption that the engine and drive line prove to be sound and that the frame is clean with at most light surface rust scale.

Last edited:
Duly noted. I have been around these 60s for a very long time, so with the changing times I appreciate the input from you---and encourage others to contribute their feelings. Yes, I'm thinking about those rot areas...rockers, quarters, roof skin, cargo floor edge..definitely intensive. I wonder of its better as a part-out vehicle. She runs like a top, and the frame appears to be sound. I was when I bought it, and I've owned this one about 2 years.
I plan to take more photos of the worst areas of the body, and some of the chassis. My 40 is a V8---maybe I can swap it back to 2F with this baby. Everything is there. Just lacking the time. So much going on.

If you can put it up on a lift and then use good lighting you can get nice underside shots of the whole bottom and then take pictures focusing on the bad spots. Parting out is also a tricky thing. You have to do the work of removing the parts, packaging them, and sending them out.....because of this you will need to factor your time into the cost of the parts you might sell....minimal for a turn signal, a lot for an engine. And then if you sell the transmission out of it but cannot sell anything else then you have a truck that won't move on its own and even less value to someone who might just buy the whole thing.

for me these situations come down to how much is my time worth. I find its usually better to sell the whole thing for whatever you can get...then you have the space back in your driveway, a wad of cash in your pocket, and can move on with your life. If your underside looks clean and everything isnt rusted into oblivion you should be able to get $2k to $3 for it. If the frame and all underneath are heavily rusted and need a lot of repairs or just need to be replaced then those numbers quickly drop. if it has a split case transfer and a working 4 speed you might be able to get $500 for the trans/transfer case combo (though there is a 4 speed with solid case on Maine CL now thats asking $190 and been there for a while). I've seen 2F engines advertised on CL for $500 that stay there for a long time before the ad disappears. Its a real challenge sometimes. There are people on mud who are looking for drop in engines because theirs is bad and rebuilt is too costly. Axles usually hold a certain value as well. trim, interior, door panels etc.

Yes, definitely. Thank you for all your input. I know, it's gotten to the point in my life that I'm wondering about my time I have to work on stuff- so I am trying to plan out exactly what I want to do with it. My 40 is a V8 so I was thinking of keeping the 2F for it.

The frame is not bad. I know a guy where I can put it up on a lift, just need to pop the carb back on so I can drive it there.

The interior is in great shape, so that could be some great and valuable parts. The seats are great and not worn at all.

I've parted a few of these vehicles over time. I know it can be a pain so I have to see.

I'm gonna also adjust the asking price too.

Thanks again!

ttt everyone. I'd do $2500 for this rig. Anyone in Northeast/Tri-State area? She's complete..

I'm not able to part it out currently. Need to sell whole. I am presently accepting offers. The frame is great. The bad on this thing is a roof skin swap. Tailgate. The rest you could fix as you go.
Driveline and interior good. Headliner good. Any other questions welcome.

Last edited:
Hello, yes I do still have it.
PM me or message me here.

Yes. PMed you back. Sorry for the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom