Lower Tailgate Paint Wear at Mate Joint with Upper Tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

Has anyone noticed paint wear at the mate joint between the upper and lower tailgates? Specifically in a line which mimics the rear brake light gaskets (2013 LX570). See images below. The wear on the left hand side is much worse, and through to metal in a two inch segment, while there is top coat wear for another four to five inches. The right hand side has minor wear which mimics this.

My initial thought is that the lower or upper tailgates need to be adjusted slightly. And that both are slightly too tight with the left hand side being worse. Has anyone mechanically adjusted their tailgate? Perhaps an adjustment of the rear tailgates door latch is all that is necessary.

20211016_160211.jpg

20211016_160206.jpg

20211019_101745.jpg

All,

Has anyone noticed paint wear at the mate joint between the upper and lower tailgates? Specifically in a line which mimics the rear brake light gaskets (2013 LX570). See images below. The wear on the left hand side is much worse, and through to metal in a two inch segment, while there is top coat wear for another four to five inches. The right hand side has minor wear which mimics this.

My initial thought is that the lower or upper tailgates need to be adjusted slightly. And that both are slightly too tight with the left hand side being worse. Has anyone mechanically adjusted their tailgate? Perhaps an adjustment of the rear tailgates door latch is all that is necessary.

View attachment 2816081

View attachment 2816082

View attachment 2816083
My Land Cruiser came with ppf film in those locations from the factory.

My Land Cruiser came with ppf film in those locations from the factory.
Really? Hmmm... I'll do some online snooping to see if I can see if other do. I happen to have some film I can use post repair.

However, even with protection the problem will occur again without correction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom