Lower Steering Shaft Boot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm missing the Slip Yoke Boot on the Lower Steering Shaft and was trying to find where can I get the replacement. I called the Dealership, but was told it was discontinued, but they do sell full Lower Shaft assembly for $700 which is kind of strange for me to have the full assembly, but not the individual parts. I did a Google search, but looks like I cant source it elsewhere as well. Does anyone knows where can I source it out?
SOR has it for $16, but their shipping to Canada would bring it to something like $100 part...

The one I'm looking for is #38

098f.gif

Unobtainium cruiser parts are expensive even when they're old & worn out

If I look at a Canadian spec FJ60, it shows the correct part as 45222-60020. This same part also shows up for the 1980 - 1986 US FJ60. From 1986, however, the part changes to 45222-60031. This part seems to still be available. I'm not sure what the difference is, if any. Did the steering shaft change in 1986? IDK. You might try this different part to see if it works. It seems to cost about $15USD.

It was about 10 years ago now, but I'm pretty sure I did use the later one 2mbb mentions. I *think* I cut off those 'prongs'...

Yes, the shafts did change, but the boot just covers the slip yoke part, and not much diff there.

1615915320139.png

This is that boot on an early shaft (not mine).

1615915846146.png

Last edited:
If I look at a Canadian spec FJ60, it shows the correct part as 45222-60020. This same part also shows up for the 1980 - 1986 US FJ60. From 1986, however, the part changes to 45222-60031. This part seems to still be available. I'm not sure what the difference is, if any. Did the steering shaft change in 1986? IDK. You might try this different part to see if it works. It seems to cost about $15USD.
Yes, the steering shaft changed, I believe in 1986 model year for late 60 and 62-series

SOR shows those boots different on those shafts:
80-85
098e.gif

86-90
098f.gif

Last edited:
It was about 10 years ago now, but I'm pretty sure I did use the later one 2mbb mentions. I *think* I cut off those 'prongs'...

Yes, the shafts did change, but the boot just covers the slip yoke part, and not much diff there.

View attachment 2616058

This is that boot on an early shaft (not mine).

View attachment 2616062
Yes, that is the boot (top image of yours) that I'm after. My dealership says it's discontinued by Toyota.

There is a serious national parts issue with Toyota I believe? Lots of still in production part orders are being discontinued by sellers but are not showing up as discontinued on dealer screens. Not sure what the problem is, but Ive had alot of orders cancelled this year so far. I bought and installed the same OEM part 45222-60031 on my 84 almost exactly one year ago. It looked slightly different than the worn out gummy one I removed, but fit and works great! Maybe once all this covid crazy is gone the parts will return to normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom