Lower bolt spec front shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I am trying to change out my front shocks today and my bolts are seized up and then some. I am in Michigan so there is plenty of rust built up on them. The upper stud I am going to dispatch with a sawzall and I intended on soaking and removing the lower as usual. After soaking a couple times and trying to break them free, I am nearing the point of cutting them off too. I can’t find the exact specs on the lower nut and bolt set though, and I would like to get them before taking that leap with them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Just get a breaker bar long enough to get that off, that bolt is huge and is of high strength, i don't think it'll break. Use some heat on it and use some muscle to get it off. I've never seen that bolt breaks, and i wrench on rusted cruiser all the time.

Just get a breaker bar long enough to get that off, that bolt is huge and is of high strength, i don't think it'll break. Use some heat on it and use some muscle to get it off. I've never seen that bolt breaks, and i wrench on rusted cruiser all the time.
Thanks for tips man. Unfortunately, I don’t have a torch available at the moment and a breaker bar wasn’t cutting it. I just went and grabbed bolts after making a couple measurements and I am going to just cut them off. Quicker, less hassle.

These have been in the garage too long.
2142E647-DC06-47B2-8667-2CCDE748D701.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom